Add To Cart
The CEB Student Bible for United Methodist Confirmation, Leather, imitation
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Note Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Inviting young people into deeper forms of holiness, The CEB (Common English Bible) Student Bible helps you make connections between the world of the Bible and their own.
The CEB Student Bible is a Bible by and for young people that invites you into deeper forms of both personal holiness and social holiness. It helps you make connections between the world of the Bible and your own world, offering resources for engaging the text in personal and group study, and embodying a commitment to taking you seriously as Christian leaders now, not just in the future. It's a resource that helps young disciples of Jesus Christ as they transform the world.
The CEB Student Bible has the full text of the Bible in the Common English Bible translation, the most contemporary, readable, and reliable English translation of the Bible. It also includes the following features to help you engage the Bible:
- Introductions to each book of the Bible by leading biblical scholars. Each introduction gives an overview of the book, key themes, tips for reading, and quick facts.
- More than 400 articles by biblical scholars and a diverse group of youth ministers from traditions including United Methodist, PC (USA), Episcopal, Disciples of Christ, and ELCA churches. These articles model what it's like to really engage the Bible. They explore difficult topics and the things that are important in your world today.
- Discussions for each book of the Bible by youth ministers. These are group and small group discussion questions, activities, and Reading Differently e xercises
- Prayers and reflections by students who have participated in Emory University’s award-winning YouthTheological Initiative
- Guide to the stories of the Bible.
- 16 pages of maps with 4-page map index
- Presentation page
- 8-point text size
|Format: Bonded Leather|
Number of Pages: 1600
Vendor: Common English Bible
|Publication Date: 2017|
The CEB Student Bible is by and for young people. It invites them into deeper forms of personal and social holiness, helps them make connections between the world of the Bible and their own world, offers resources for engaging the text in personal and group study, and embodies a commitment to taking young people seriously as Christian leaders now, not just in the future. It is a resource that helps young disciples of Jesus Christ as they transform the world.
Unique to this student Bible is that the introductions, articles, and activities includes with each book of the Bible were written by biblical scholars who also have experience in youth ministry. The included prayers were written by teens, providing a level of additional relatability to students. Included in this special edition are 16 additional pages in the front of the Bible with confirmation-related, official United Methodist materials, including a brief glossary of Methodist terms, selections from the General Rules, the Social Principles, the Social Creed, the membership covenant, and the Apostles' Creed.
The timeless design - charcoal leather-like material with the words "The CEB Student Bible" burnished on the cover - makes this an attractive gift that students may use for several years. A presentation page is included so that parents or pastors may commemorate the students confirmation.