- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2010
In this follow-up to his book The Thirteen Apostles, popular author J. Ellsworth Kalas focuses on several women of great faith who were crucial, in ways both obvious and understated, to the story of the New Testament. In twelve chapters, the author looks into the life and times of eleven different women. (Mary, the mother of Jesus, is the focus of two chapters.) Kalas examines the Scriptures to see what we can learn about these women and what we can learn from them, and how each woman fit into as well as shaped the New Testament story.
Elizabeth: A Friend in Need (Luke 1:39-45)
Anna: She Knew How to Wait (Luke 2:36-38)
Martha, the Disciplined (Luke 10:38-42; John 11:1-27)
Mary, the Extravagant (John 12:1-8)
The Mighty Widow (Mark 12:41-44)
The Anonymous Evangelist (John 4:7-29, 39-42)
Mary Magdalene: When Love Is Greater than Faith (John 20:1-18)
Mary, the Mother of Mark (Acts 12:6-17)
Dorcas: Worth a Miracle (Acts 9:36-42)
Lydia, the Businesswoman (Acts 16:11-15, 40)
Mary in Life and Legend (Luke 1:46-55)
Why Mary? (Luke 1:26-38).
This book also includes a study guide.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Biblical Figures
- Download >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues