Add To Cart
When Strivings Cease: Replacing the Gospel of Self-Improvement with the Gospel of Life-Transforming Grace
Add To Cart
Simons has discovered the truth: trying to keep people happy and prove our worth is exhausting---and futile! What we need is God's extravagant, merciful, undeserved grace. Sharing her personal story, biblical insights, and practical applications, teamed with her stunning original artwork, she leads us to the freedom of knowing that, in Christ, we are enough.
|Title: When Strivings Cease: Replacing the Gospel of Self-Improvement with the Gospel of Life-Transforming Grace|
By: Ruth Chou Simons
Number of Pages: 224
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2021
|Dimensions: 8.38 X 5.50 (inches)|
Weight: 14 ounces
Stock No: WW0224999
Grace Secures What Striving Cannot
In this hustling, image-forward age of opportunity, we feel more anxious than ever. Despite all the affirming memes and self-reflections that dominate social media feeds, approval and worth often seem assigned to what we do rather than who we are. And we end up constantly feeling like were behind, lacking, and failingat home, at work, with friends, with God.
Ruth Chou Simons knows something about feeling measured by achievement, performance, and the approval of others. As a Taiwanese immigrant growing up between two cultures, Ruth was always on a mission to prove her worth, until she came to truly understand the one thing that changes everything: the extravagant, undeserved gift of grace from a merciful God. In When Strivings Cease, Ruth guides you on a journey to find freedom from the never-ending quest for self-improvement. She shows you how to
- confront the ways you look to superficial means of acceptance and belonging;
- find relief in realizing self-help isnt the answer because you cant be so amazing that you wont need grace;
- stop seeing God as someone to perform for and start finding delight in responding to his welcome; and
- let go of trying to rely on your own strength, your own abilities, and your own savvy by truly understanding the freedom Jesus purchased for you.
With personal stories, biblical insights, practical applications, and touches of original artwork by Ruth, this transformational book helps you see the beautiful truth that Gods favor is the only currency you needbecause in Christ you are enough.
Ruth Chou Simons is a Wall Street Journal bestselling and award-winning author of several books, including GraceLaced, Beholding and Becoming, and Foundations. Her first Bible study curriculum, TruthFilled, released in 2020. She is an artist, entrepreneur, and speaker who uses each of these platforms to spiritually sow the Word of God into peoples hearts. Through her online shoppe at GraceLaced.com and her social media community, Simons shares her journey of Gods grace intersecting daily life with word and art. Ruth and her husband, Troy, are grateful parents to six boys--their greatest adventure.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Big Summer Blowout >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Balanced Living
- Big Summer Blowout >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Personal Life >> Balanced Living
- Big Summer Blowout >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Personal Life >> Self-Improvement
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Balanced Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Personal Life >> Balanced Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Personal Life >> Self-Improvement
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.