Figuring out how to pay for college can be daunting. Fortunately, Strategies for Maximizing Your College Financial Aid provides much-needed expert advice for understanding the financial aid process, managing student loans, and getting the most money for college.
In this succinct guide, financial aid consultant Kal Chany and the experts at the Princeton Review present a concise but comprehensive overview of college financial aid. Inside, youll find guidance to demystify the aid process, and information that will help you:
· debunk financial aid myths
· figure out financial aid terminology
· evaluate financial aid packages and awards
· understand grants, scholarships, student loans, work-study, and other forms of aid
· fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), CSS/PROFILE, and other financial aid forms
· choose a college with financial aid in mind
· get started on saving for school
Kal Chany is the founder and president of Campus Consultants, an independent New York-based firm that has helped thousands of families get financial aid since 1984. He has authored articles on college funding for Parade and other publications, and has appeared on ABCs Good Morning America, CBSs Evening News, CNNs Your Money, NBCs Nightly News, and NPRs "Talk of the Nation," among other prominent shows. He is the author of The Princeton Reviews annual guidebook, Paying for College Without Going Broke.