- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2002
A funny-but-touching tale about everything that can go wrong...and what makes it all right!
Tess Nelson is poised to take a well-deserved step up the corporate ladder when it's yanked out from under her. With no job and nothing to fill her days--just a nonrefundable ticket for a trip to Hawaii--Tess decides a tropical vacation is just what she needs. But Tess's journey to paradise is a disaster from the beginning. A sprained ankle at the airport is just the beginning. Then there's the lost contact lens and the lost luggage, the lightning storm at a luau, and the hotel fire. Not to mention the approaching hurricane. And the attractive, annoying young man who keeps crossing her path--and really shaking her up. All Tess wants to do is get her life back under control. But God, it seems, has something else in mind--like opening her heart to everything her life could be.
Lori Copeland is a bestselling author whose books includde Now and Always, Simple Gifts, Unwrapping Christmas, and Monday Morning Faith, which was a finalist for the 2007 Christy Awards. Lori was inducted into the Springfield Writers Hall of Fame in 2000 and lives in the beautiful Ozarks with her husband and family.
Brenda S. Foster5 Stars Out Of 5May 23, 2008Brenda S. FosterIt usually takes me about a week to read a book, but I read this one in two days! I had a hard time putting it down! You just never knew what was gonna happen next! I was reading it during my breaks at work, and when I would return back to my job, my co-workers wanted to know what was up! It is a great read!
Jen1 Stars Out Of 5October 24, 2006JenI thought the book had one good character - Stella DeMuer. The other main characters were boring and seemed one dimensional. The author mentions in the back of the book that she wanted to write a "lighter fare" novel, and that is exactly how it reads - as a very lightweight, boring story.
S Guyer5 Stars Out Of 5July 28, 2005S GuyerLoved it. Loved the characters, especially the lady with the cat.Now that I would like to see. I'm still trying to figure that one out. How she got that cat to ... I'll never know. Enjoy.
deborah smith embree5 Stars Out Of 5August 3, 2003deborah smith embreeI thoroughly enjoyed this book and read it in one day! The setting of Hawaii and the characters made a great scenario. I highly recommend STRANDED IN PARADISE!
Dawn Katucki4 Stars Out Of 5May 10, 2003Dawn KatuckiI really enjoyed the story. There was a lot in Tess's struggle to come to the end of herself and give control to God that many of us career women can relate to. However, I found many typographical errors in the book that were distracting. I wish the publisher had done better work proofreading the text before going to press.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Ecclesiology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Ecclesiology
- Church & Supplies >> Church Leadership
- Church & Supplies >> Ministry
- Church & Supplies >> Pastoral Ministry >> Pastoral Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry