Found: A Story of Questions, Grace & Everyday Prayer - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Worthy Publishing
Publication Date: 2014
Found: A Story of Questions, Grace & Everyday PrayerMicha BoyettWorthy Publishing / 2014 / Trade Paperback$2.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$14.99Save 80% ($12.00)
"My first year of motherhood I lost prayer..." I lost early mornings of quiet, mornings in my pajamas with a Bible in my lap, mornings when I spoke my minds chaos into Gods ear and let the chaos come back ordered, holy sealed. I lost peace. I lost clarity and certitude. My faith was never perfect before my son was born, but somewhere in that first year, somewhere in my distraction and exhaustion, I lost the Spirit-life I had known. I blamed myself.
Micha Boyett is a blogger, wife, and mom with a Masters of Fine Arts in Poetry degree from Syracuse University. A former youth minister, she's passionate about monasticism and ancient Christian spiritual practices and how they inform the contemporary life of faith. Boyett and her husband live in San Francisco with their two boys
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
Jen PenMidwest4 Stars Out Of 5Beautifully written...April 2, 2014Jen PenMidwestQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4SUMMARY:
As a wife, mom, blogger and former youth minister, Micha Boyett shares a deeply personal account of learning to truly pray from the heart, accepting that her place in life at the present moment is genuinely important, and realizing she is not alone in the spiritual chaos she has experienced since the birth of her children.
A PENNY FOR MY THOUGHTS:
Written through beautiful prose, the author takes us on a journey through Benedictine spirituality to discover prayer in everyday situations of life. Part journal, part memoir, and part story, Micha Boyett pens an alluring yet delicate rendering of coming to terms with her own importance as a person, though her course in life may have changed. Very knowledgeable of the Benedictine prayer life, the author causes us to stop and ponder our own true worth, as well as the sincerity and purity behind prayer. Appropriate for any age, either gender, this book would be a most-welcomed gift by a new mom. I look forward to searching out her blog having read her book.
4 (out of 5) pennies
*I received a complimentary copy of Found: A Story of Questions, Grace and Everyday Prayer from Worthy Publishing for my honest review*
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Prayer
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Solitude
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Prayer >> General
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Prayer >> General
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Prayer