The Power of Story: It Inspires, Surprises, and Lifts Your Faith - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2014
In this book, popular author James W. Moore talks about the power of a story, such as those told by Jesus in the Bible. The author recalls, "I would be sitting there in the sanctuary of our church, doing what young boys do in church, drawing pictures on the back of the bulletin, working puzzles, looking constantly at Grannys watch, wishing the seconds hand would move faster, daydreaming about sports, kicking my feet in the air impatiently, counting the organ pipes . . . And then, the preacher would start telling a story, and I was hooked. He had my full attention. I couldnt wait to hear the story!" Jesus knew the importance of telling stories to convey a message or a Biblical truth and used this technique often when speaking or ministering to others throughout the Bible in the form of parables. Stories are a natural way to give detail and perspective while teaching an important point.
James W. Moore is a best-selling author of more than 40 books and an acclaimed pastor and ordained elder in The United Methodist Church. He has led congregations in Jackson, Tennessee; Shreveport, Louisiana; and Houston, Texas. In 2006, after 50 years of active ministry, he retired from full-time ministry and moved to the Dallas area, where he currently serves as Minister-in-Residence at Highland Park United Methodist Church. He and his wife, June, live at Heritage Ranch in Fairview, Texas.
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
gnncy5 Stars Out Of 5Pure pleasure to readMarch 30, 2015gnncyQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This book looks at many different aspects of telling and hearing stories, in short, accessible chapters that are fun to read. Everything is illustrated with examples and stories. There is no boredom here, and much to learn.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Language Arts
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> Illustrations >> Crafting Illustrations
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Language Arts
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Church & Supplies >> Preaching >> Illustrations >> Crafting Illustrations
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Language Arts
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational