Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 192
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2013
|Dimensions: 8 X 5.25 X .5 (inches)|
The Heart of the Story: Tracing God's Big Idea through Every Story in the BibleRandy FrazeeZondervan / 2011 / Trade Paperback$7.49 Retail:3 Stars Out Of 5 7 Reviews
$16.99Save 56% ($9.50)
A Grace Revealed: How God Redeems the Story of Your LifeJerry SittserZondervan / 2012 / Hardcover$14.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$19.99Save 25% ($5.00)
How would you explain your life to a stranger?
When strangers meet today, they often ask not, "What do you do?" but, "What is your story?" Everybody on the planet believes some larger story in order to make sense of the smaller story of his or her life. We want our lives to fit within a larger plota plot full of history, forward movement, and future.
So, the better question to ask is, "What sort of story are you in?"
Most people believe false stories that leave them disillusioned, enslaved, and hopeless. Secular stories of chasing success and religious stories of doing good works leave us feeling exhausted and empty. Only Christianity offers a story that's big enough to make sense of both the beauty and brokenness in our lives and in our world.
To write a book with two distinct audiences in mindChristian and non-Christianis no easy task, but Buzzard has done a fine job. Believers in particular will find helpful tips for using "the big story" to frame evangelistic conversations. Non-Christian readers should benefit from its generally solid overview of the major beats of the story of redemption. This is a good book that will hopefully be used to strengthen many and bring others to their knees in faith before Jesus.
Aaron Armstrong, review for The Gospel Coalition
Congregational Libraries Today, Volume XIVII, Number 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> Discipleship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Evangelism
- Church & Supplies >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Discipleship
- Church & Supplies >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Evangelism
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Last Chance Bargains >> Church & Supplies