Stories of Faith and Courage from the Revolutionary War - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
Consider how God "shed his grace" on the birth of our nation! Featuring inspiring accounts from America's Revolutionary War, this unique devotional highlights the lives of patriots who looked heavenward during the time of conflict. Through Revolution-era letters, diaries, and sermons, plus a Scripture verse and brief prayer, each day's selection explores a timeless theme such as loneliness, contentment, fear, and God's will.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: God & Country Press
Publication Date: 2010
Series: Battlefields & Blessings
Stories of Faith & Courage from the Cops on the StreetGrant WolfGod & Country Press / 2010 / Trade Paperback$12.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$16.99Save 24% ($4.00)
• The book features 365 devotionals, one for each day of the year. • Each devotional features a 400-450-word story, a relevant scripture, and an application-oriented sentence prayer. • Each week highlights five stories that chronicle the Revolutionary War, followed by two weekend features called Weekend Reflection and Sabbath Rest. Weekend Reflection takes a modern-day twist on a topic, such as contentment and life purpose, presented in the preceding stories. Sabbath Rest highlights a sermon from the Revolutionary era. These 52 meaty messages show how scripture is as alive today as it was during Americas founding. These sermons also reveal the spiritual struggle facing the patriots as they decided to pursue independence, take up arms, and overthrow their government. • The devotionals come alive through the viewpoints of the Revolutions key players, such as George Washington, King George III, Samuel Adams, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Abigail Adams, Martha Washington, Nathanael Greene, Henry Knox, and Benjamin Franklin. Excerpts from their original manuscripts, letters, and speeches give the book authenticity and accuracy. Unlike many books with historical subjects, this devotional incorporates faith as an important element in the decisions and emotions of these heroes and heroines. It will also show the life purpose of the patriots. • The themes presented in the book transcend generations, making the book relevant to modern day readers who also struggle with topics such as loneliness, contentment, purpose, fear, safety, Gods will, jealousy, rivalry, cooperation, and disappointment. • Because the stories chronicle Americas Revolutionary War and cover more than two decades, the book does not correspond to seasons and holidays. As a result, readers may begin the book any time during the year. The stories may be so captivating for some readers that they may read the book from "cover to cover." • As readers consider the meaning of the American Revolution, they may also experience a revolution in their own hearts, one devotional at a time.
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
Tom Parsons5 Stars Out Of 5June 24, 2008Tom ParsonsAuthor Jane Hampton Cook provides a wonderful history of the Revolutionary War through this book. While it is formatted as a devotional with daily readings, scriptures, and prayers, it can also easily be read as a novel. Ms. Cook gives us a glimpse of what the Founding Fathers faced as they were forced to stand up and live loudly for the cause of freedom. By relying on the Founders' own writings, we get a glimpse into what they thought and felt as they came together to bring the United States of America into being. There are stories here from many of the better-known founders such as George Washington and Benjamin Franklin but also glimpses of the lesser-known yet equally important individuals that made up the revolution. She also incorporates a "Sabbath Rest" at the end of each week which features an excerpt of a sermon from the period. A great book for individual or family reading.
Jocelyn C Green5 Stars Out Of 5June 21, 2008Jocelyn C GreenEach of these 365 stories pack a big punch. True stories from the Revolutionary War are told with dramatic narrative style, include historial details and deliver biblical insight. Read it and expect to be intrigued and inspired.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Daily
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> General
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories >> Patriotic
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Devotionals >> Daily
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Devotionals >> General
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Daily
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> General
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational