Stopping at Every Lemonade Stand: How to Create a Culture That Cares for Kids - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in the USA.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Penguin Books
Publication Date: 2001
Children's lives today are complex, stressful, and dangerous. Kids are overscheduled, come home to empty houses and neighborhoods where they don't know a soul, and in school, face violence-all too often from their peers. In Stopping at Every Lemonade Stand, James Vollbracht provides a blueprint for transforming our unstable and disconnected culture into a healthier, supportive one. Vollbracht bases his approach on six overlapping circles of community-our personal circle, families, neighborhoods, larger communities, business worlds, and elders-and outlines simple actions within each circle that will help rescue our kids. Through a rich blend of heartwarming anecdotes and creative, practical strategies, Stopping at Every Lemonade Stand affirms the age-old wisdom that the power and responsibility to heal our communities rest in our own hands.
Please pay attention to this book. It logically and profoundly reminds us that each of us can protect and nourish our most important resource, our children. —Steve Vannoy, author of The Ten Greatest Gifts I Give My Children
Anyone who needs a boost of energy to renew their commitment to kids needs to read this book. —Pete L. Benson, author of All Our Kids Are Our Kids
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Child Development
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Children's Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Child Development
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Children's Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting