Create memorable services that help worshipers experience the profound sadness of the crucifixion as well as the marvelous joy of the risen Christ with this diverse collection of ready-to-use dramatic material. With ample selections for Lent, Holy Week, and Easter, there's something special here for congregations of any size or worship style. Copying privileges are included for all segments. Included are:
- "A Travesty Of Justice: In The Shadow Of The Cross" (Kathy Martz), a series of six meditations in which an unusual assortment of "eyewitnesses" -- the thorn, robe, nail, spear, shroud, and stone -- tell about their extraordinary encounters with Jesus.
- "Live From Jerusalem" (John O. Eby), a short Palm Sunday play that helps audiences envision what it would have been like to be on the scene of Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem.
- "Maundy Thursday Testimonies" (David H. Covington), a brief set of dramatic readings depicting the Passion events and their meaning from the viewpoint of four characters: Mary Magdalene, Thomas, Judas, and Peter.
- "God On Trial, Or...?" (John O. Eby), a courtroom drama for Good Friday that portrays Jesus' trial before Pilate -- with the novel twist of Beelzebub as the prosecutor, questioning several witnesses who level accusations against Jesus.
- "Sons Of Thunder" (Carol Secord), a brief Good Friday sketch in which James and John struggle to come to grips with the stark reality of the crucifixion.
- "The Animals Learn The Meaning Of Easter" (Will Rabert), a charming and humorous children's play with speaking parts for a narrator and 14 young people (each representing a different animal).
- "M.I.H. -- Missing In Heaven" (Frank Ramirez), an imaginative and engaging verse play in readers' theater format.
- "Tongues Of Fire" (Kenneth Carlson), a four-voice choral reading especially appropriate for Pentecost, which can also be used any time during the Easter season.