Add To Cart
- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Base your approach to recovery on a biblical and theological foundation rather than a secular 12-step approach. Steps: Gospel-Centered Recovery is a 13-session comprehensive approach to freedom, healing, and an abundant life. Designed to be used in conjunction with the DVD videos, this Gospel-Centered Recovery Member Book consists of a viewer guide, 6 days of homework, and a weekly "Digging Deeper section."
Number of Pages: 228
Publication Date: 2015
|Dimensions: 9.51 X 7.00 X 0.60 (inches)|
The Twelve Steps for Christians: Based on Biblical Teachings, Revised EditionFriends in RecoveryRPI Publishing Inc. / 1994 / Trade Paperback$10.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$14.95Save 30% ($4.46)
Addictions - A Banquet in the Grave: Finding Hope in the Power of the GospelEdward T. WelchP & R Publishing / 2001 / Trade Paperback$12.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 10 Reviews
$16.99Save 24% ($4.00)
Steps: Gospel-Centered Recovery - Bible Study Book includes small-group experiences and discussion guides for 13 sessions, individual study, applicable Scripture, and personal assessments.
This 13-session discipleship program takes people to the root of sin and suffering in order to embrace the freedom found only in Christ's redemption. Potentially life-changing experiences are brought about by in-depth Bible study, thorough personal assessments, insightful teaching videos, and honest interactions with a group leader and mentor.
Honed over years of implementation at The Village Church's campuses in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, Steps formed the foundation of the church's ongoing recovery ministry. It continues to be one of the most fruitful discipleship courses offered throughout the calendar year.
In these 13 sessions, Matt Chandler and Michael Snetzer invite other pastors from The Village Church to teach each of the 12 steps. Building on the incomplete truths of traditional recovery programs, Steps elevates the redeemed truths to be seen through the light of Scripture and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Theologically rich and steeped in the wisdom of practical biblical counseling, Steps is more than a Bible study; it's a discipleship tool and the foundation for gospel-centered recovery.
1. The Genesis: Creation and Fall
2. The Remedy of Our Insanity: The Gospel
3. The Response of Faith: Repentance
4. The Result: Justification, Adoption, and Sanctification
5. Assessing Anger and Abuse
6. Assessing Sex, Guilt, and Shame
7. Assessing Fear, Grief, and Loss
8. Getting to the Roots: Offering and Asking
9. Peacemaking 1: Reconciling and Amending
10. Peacemaking 2: Confronting and Forgiving
11. Persevering and Pursuing
12. The Joy of Making Much of His Name
- Group and personal components
- Content created by trained pastoral counselors
- Gospel-centered recovery program
- Learn to identify root causes of brokenness in your life and in the world.
- Develop a habit of confession, repentance, and growing in grace.
- Walk in the freedom found only in Christ through redemption and gospel-centered recovery.
- Discover the courage to confront sin and the healing power of forgiveness.
- Embrace the joy and satisfaction of God's design for your life.
- Base your approach to recovery on a biblical and theological foundation rather than a secular 12-step approach.
Matt Chandler serves as the lead pastor of teaching at The Village Church in Flower Mound, Texas. He describes his tenure at The Village as a replanting effort to change the theological and philosophical culture of the congregation. The church has witnessed a tremendous response, growing from 160 people to more than 10,000, including satellite campuses in Dallas and Denton. Alongside his current role as lead pastor, Matt is involved in church-planting efforts both locally and internationally through The Village, as well as in various strategic partnerships.