Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Steps: Gospel-Centered Recovery is based on the premise that true change can be found in the gospel and is an intensive discipleship program that has five key components:
- Daily Bible Reading to encourage spiritual growth
- A one-on-one mentor relationship
- Small-group community for discussion and prayer
- In-depth teaching with practical and theological insights
- Assessments to identify the roots of personal struggles
This Steps: Gospel-Centered Recovery Leader Guide is designed to help you proclaim the gospel to people who are hurting and broken. Leaders provide a key role in the weekly small-group sessions as shepherds of group members and mentors.
Number of Pages: 228
Publication Date: 2015
|Dimensions: 9.50 X 7.00 X 0.40 (inches)|
The Rules of Engagement for Overcoming Your Past: Breaking the Spirits of Guilt, Rejection, Abuse, and BetrayalCindy TrimmCharisma House / 2013 / Trade Paperback$9.49 Retail:
$12.99Save 27% ($3.50)
The Twelve Steps for Christians: Based on Biblical Teachings, Revised EditionFriends in RecoveryRPI Publishing Inc. / 1994 / Trade Paperback$10.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$14.95Save 30% ($4.46)
Philippians DVD Series: To Live is Christ & To Die Is GainMatt ChandlerThe Hub / 2009 / DVD$59.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews Video
$79.95Save 25% ($19.96)
Steps: Gospel-Centered Recovery Leader Guide includes everything a leader needs to lead a group through the Steps recovery and discipleship process.
This 13-session discipleship program takes people to the root of sin and suffering in order to embrace the freedom found only in Christ's redemption. Potentially life-changing experiences are brought about by in-depth Bible study, thorough personal assessments, insightful teaching videos, and honest interactions with a group leader and mentor.
Honed over years of implementation at The Village Church's campuses in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, Steps formed the foundation of the church's ongoing recovery ministry. It continues to be one of the most fruitful discipleship courses offered throughout the calendar year.
In these 13 sessions, Matt Chandler and Michael Snetzer invite other pastors from The Village Church to teach each of the 12 steps. Building on the incomplete truths of traditional recovery programs, Steps elevates the redeemed truths to be seen through the light of Scripture and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Theologically rich and steeped in the wisdom of practical biblical counseling, Steps is more than a Bible study; it's a discipleship tool and the foundation for gospel-centered recovery.
1. The Genesis: Creation and Fall
2. The Remedy of Our Insanity: The Gospel
3. The Response of Faith: Repentance
4. The Result: Justification, Adoption, and Sanctification
5. Assessing Anger and Abuse
6. Assessing Sex, Guilt, and Shame
7. Assessing Fear, Grief, and Loss
8. Getting to the Roots: Offering and Asking
9. Peacemaking 1: Reconciling and Amending
10. Peacemaking 2: Confronting and Forgiving
11. Persevering and Pursuing
12. The Joy of Making Much of His Name
- Content created by trained pastoral counselors
- Gospel-centered recovery program
- Learn to identify root causes of brokenness
- Base your approach to recovery on a biblical and theological foundation rather than a secular 12-step approach.
Matt Chandler serves as the lead pastor of teaching at The Village Church in Flower Mound, Texas. He describes his tenure at The Village as a replanting effort to change the theological and philosophical culture of the congregation. The church has witnessed a tremendous response, growing from 160 people to more than 10,000, including satellite campuses in Dallas and Denton. Alongside his current role as lead pastor, Matt is involved in church-planting efforts both locally and internationally through The Village, as well as in various strategic partnerships.