- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Spring Cyber Sale
- Streaming Video
- Student & Teens
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2011
Learn how to work for genuine and effective change in your church without trying to throw out everything that has gone before.
Pastors and other congregational leaders are eager to institute meaningful and effective change in their congregations. They know that old attitudes and perspectives prevent the church from fulfilling its mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ. Yet too often church advocates insist that if genuine change is to occur in the church, then everything must change. The board must be wiped clean, and new technologies, new worship styles, and even new theologies must replace what has come before.
The problem with such calls for radical change, says Lovett Weems, Jr., is that they are not true to the way that genuine and lasting change takes place. Like every other organization, churches rest on a cultural foundation of shared assumptions, values, and practices. The paradox of successful change is that this foundation is at the same time the source of resistance to change and what makes change possible. Lasting, transformational change grows out of the congregation's current sense of its story and its mission. Transformational leaders know how to build on the church's identity, making new ministries and emphases the natural extension of what has gone before. In other words they know how to make the story of change the next chapter in the book of the congregation's life, rather than throwing the book away and trying to start over.
An astute student of management and leadership theory, Weems offers congregational leaders essential insights into how they can work with and through their churches' ministries to bring about authentic and faithful growth.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Revival & Renewal
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Vision
- Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry >> Pastoral Resources
- Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry >> Pastoral Spirituality
- Download >> Homeschool
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Revival & Renewal
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Vision
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Spirituality
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- eBooks >> Homeschool
Here at Christianbook.com, we offer thousands of quality curriculums, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call 1-800-788-1221.