- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2010
The retail industry has undergone enormous changes during the last thirty years.
But there is one retailer that not only has remained consistent in the fluctuating?even tenuous?market, but also has grown in the process.
More Than a Hobby takes you inside the story of David Green, the man who built the phenomenal success of Hobby Lobby. Green went beyond surviving in a competitive retail market to thriving, ultimately expanding his $600 start-up company into a $1.3 billion per-year enterprise.
Greens incredible accomplishments were based not on business-school theory but on his grassroots experiences as a store manager and his creative application of cutting edge ideas, including:
- Allow managers to spend no more than thirty minutes per day on paperwork
- Instead of paying a middleman, assemble as much of the product as possible in-house
- Give buyers the freedom to purchase without restraintbut within the realm of common sense
- Keep God and family first
More Than a Hobby is a practical field manual, filled with revolutionary ideas for all those who dream of success in the world of retail business.
David Green is soft-spoken, passionate about his faith, and dedicated to his family. He is also the founder of the largest privately owned arts and crafts retailer in the world.
In 1970 David Green borrowed $600.00 to buy a molding chopper, set up shop in his garage at home, and started making miniature wooden picture frames. As of 2015, Hobby Lobby employs over 32,000 people, operates 600 stores in forty-seven states, and grosses 3.6 billion dollars a year. Currently David serves on the Board of Reference for Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma. In 2013, he was honored by receiving the World Changer award, and is also a past Ernst & Young national retail/consumer Entrepreneur of the Year Award recipient.
In June of 2014 the Supreme Court of the United States ruled in favor of David and Barbara Green, and Hobby Lobby. The historic ruling protected Hobby Lobby and the Green Family from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services mandate that would have required it to provide and facilitate, against their religious convictions, four potentially life-terminating drugs and devices in the companys health insurance plan.
David & his wife Barbara are the proud parents of two sons and one daughter, grandparents to ten, and great grandparents to eight. They are actively pursuing what it looks like to leave a lasting legacy.
Dean Merrill is an award-winning author and editor with fifty books to his credit. He and his wife, Grace, live in Colorado Springs.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Autobiography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Business & Careers >> Business & Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Business & Careers >> Small Business/Entrepreneurship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Autobiography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Business & Careers >> Business & Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Business & Careers >> Small Business/Entrepreneurship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Autobiography
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction