- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2010
The retail industry has undergone enormous changes during the last thirty years.
But there is one retailer that not only has remained consistent in the fluctuating?even tenuous?market, but also has grown in the process.
More Than a Hobby takes you inside the story of David Green, the man who built the phenomenal success of Hobby Lobby. Green went beyond surviving in a competitive retail market to thriving, ultimately expanding his $600 start-up company into a $1.3 billion per-year enterprise.
Greens incredible accomplishments were based not on business-school theory but on his grassroots experiences as a store manager and his creative application of cutting edge ideas, including:
- Allow managers to spend no more than thirty minutes per day on paperwork
- Instead of paying a middleman, assemble as much of the product as possible in-house
- Give buyers the freedom to purchase without restraintbut within the realm of common sense
- Keep God and family first
More Than a Hobby is a practical field manual, filled with revolutionary ideas for all those who dream of success in the world of retail business.
David Green is the founder and CEO of Hobby Lobby, the largest privately owned arts and crafts retailer in the world. Hobby Lobby employs over 33,000 people, operates 800 stores in forty-seven states, and grosses more than $5 billion dollars a year. Currently David serves on the Board of Reference for Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma. In 2013, he was honored by receiving the World Changer award and is also a past Ernst & Young national retail/consumer Entrepreneur of the Year Award recipient. In 2017, the Green family opened the Museum of the Bible in Washington, DC.
Dean Merrill is the author and coauthor of 46 books, including Sinners in the Hands of an Angry Church and three other Jim Cymbala titles: Fresh Faith, Fresh Power, and You Were Made for More. He and his wife live in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Autobiography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Business & Careers >> Business & Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Business & Careers >> Small Business/Entrepreneurship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Autobiography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Business & Careers >> Business & Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Business & Careers >> Small Business/Entrepreneurship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Autobiography
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction