Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 160
Vendor: Spiegel & Grau
Publication Date: 2011
|Dimensions: 8.75 X 5.75 (inches)|
The Mentor Leader: Secrets to Building People & Teams That Win ConsistentlyTony Dungy, Nathan Whitaker, Jim CaldwellTyndale House / 2011 / Trade Paperback$10.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 7 Reviews
$15.99Save 34% ($5.50)
God's Generals: Why They Succeeded and Why Some FailedRoberts LiardonWhitaker House / 2003 / Hardcover$15.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 8 Reviews
$22.99Save 33% ($7.50)
Love your work, work for what you love, and change the worldall at the same time.
What matters most to you? Should you focus on earning a living, pursuing your passions, or devoting yourself to the causes that inspire you? The surprising truth is that you dont have to chooseand that youll find more success if you dont. Thats the breakthrough message of TOMS One for One movement. You dont have to be rich to give back and you dont have to retire to spend every day doing what you love. You can find profit, passion, and meaning all at onceright now.
In Start Something That Matters, Blake Mycoskie tells the story of TOMS, one of the fastest-growing shoe companies in the world, and combines it with lessons learned from such other innovative organizations as method, charity: water, FEED Projects, and TerraCycle. Blake presents the six simple keys for creating or transforming your own life and business, from discovering your core story to being resourceful without resources; from overcoming fear and doubt to incorporating giving into every aspect of your life. No matter what kind of change youre considering, Start Something That Matters gives you the stories, ideas, and practical tips that can help you get started.
Why this book is for you:
• Youre ready to make a difference in the worldthrough your own start-up business, a nonprofit organization, or a new project that you create within your current job.
• You want to love your work, work for what you love, and have a positive impact on the worldall at the same time.
• Youre inspired by charity: water, method, and FEED Projects and want to learn how these organizations got their start.
• Youre curious about how someone who never made a pair of shoes, attended fashion school, or worked in retail created one of the fastest-growing footwear companies in the world by giving shoes away.
• Youre looking for a new model of success to share with your children, students, co-workers, and members of your community.
Youre ready to start something that matters.
In 2006, Blake Mycoskie founded TOMS Shoes with a simple business model: "With every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need. One for One." In 2011, TOMS launched its second One for One product, TOMS Eyewear, which with every pair purchased helps give sight to a person in need by providing medical treatment, prescription glasses, or sight-saving surgery. Mycoskie will be using 50 percent of his proceeds from this book to create the Start Something That Matters Fund, which will support inspired readers in their efforts to make a positive impact on the world.
When Blake isnt working at TOMS, he spends his time reading, writing, fly-fishing, and participating in just about every board sport.
angelartistokNorman OKAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Fabulous Book!June 13, 2012angelartistokNorman OKAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Start Something That Matters is easy to read, inspiring, to the point with some humor thrown in. It has been invaluable in my business research and thought provoking. It will be a resource that I reference time and time again.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Business & Careers >> Small Business/Entrepreneurship >> Getting Started
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories >> True Life
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth