- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Designed for people without astronomy experience, The Stargazer's Guide to the Night Sky will help you discover the science of the stars, planets, moon, and sun. A mix of informative textbook chapters, star-charts to help you find your way around the sky, instructions on how to use a telescope, and helpful advice on learning to see in the dark, this guide will serve as a helpful introduction to the topic and activity of astronomy. 240 pages, hardcover, glossy pages with many full-color photographs.
|Format: PDF Download|
Vendor: Master Books
Publication Date: 2012
Explore the night sky, identify stars, constellations, and even planets. Stargaze with a telescope, binoculars, or even your naked eye. Allow Dr. Jason Lisle, a research scientist with a masters and PhD in astrophysics, to guide you in examining the beauty of Gods Creation.
Lisle designed Stargazer's Guide to the Night Sky for everyone from young students to amateur astronomers. In it you will:
- Learn the best ways and optimal times to observe planets and stars
- Discover how to choose the best telescope for you
- Find 150 stunning, full-color star-charts and other easy to use illustrations for success
"How do phases of the moon work? When will the next solar eclipse take place? What is that bright star setting in the west? How do I find Saturn? What sorts of objects can be seen with binoculars?" These questions and many more are easily answered with the helpful tips and basic understanding of astronomy presented in this book.
Create or expand the hobby of stargazing; an outdoor, educational hobby to enjoy with friends or family. Regardless of your circumstances and the economy, you will always be able to marvel at the beauty of our night sky.
Dr. Jason Lisle is a research scientist, speaker, and planetarium director for Answers in Genesis and the Creation Museum. He holds bachelor of science degrees in physics and astronomy from Ohio Wesleyan University, as well as a masters and PhD in Astro-physics from the University of Colorado in Boulder. As a creation scientist Dr. Lisle effectively communicates a broad range of topics from in-depth presentations of distant starlight, Einstein's relativity, and problems with the big bang to topics from astronomy and general science to apologetics and dinosaurs. Dr. Lisle has authored a number of books which include: Taking Back Astronomy, The Ultimate Proof of Creation, Old-Earth Creationism on Trial, and his brand new title releasing in April 2012 The Stargazers Guide to the Night Sky.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Reference Works
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Science
- Download >> Homeschool >> Reference
- Download >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Reference
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Reference >> Reference Works >> Instruction/How To
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Science >> Science Subjects >> Astronomy & Space
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.