- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Cyber Deals
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
Publication Date: 2012
Everybody faces tough times. No one gets a free pass from those make-or-break moments that lead to character development, achievement, and fulfillment.
The Bible is replete with stories of people who faced tough times and stood firm in their faith. From these stories, James Merritt uncovers guiding principles and winning strategies to help us face our own challenges and find victory in the midst of adversity. Examples include:
- Joseph, who illustrates how to respond when we get what we don't deserve
- Daniel, who inspires us to stand for what's right when no one else does or will
- Esther, who emboldens us to place the well-being of others above our own comfort and security
When life threatens to trip us up, push us over, or knock us down, we can stand tall. Still Standing points the way toward a life of freedom, joy, and victory as we discover God's winning strategies for tackling tough times head-on.
IreneUnited States5 Stars Out Of 5An encouraging bookSeptember 12, 2012IreneUnited StatesQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5The subtitle to the book is 8 Winning Strategies For Facing Tough Times. Using personal examples and examples from the Bible the author highlights eight ways to stand strong when you are going through a tough time.
This is a very encouraging book and it is filled with helpful information. I thought the author was very personable and non-condemning in his writing. I liked the examples he used and liked how he tied each chapter to the others.
The chapters are easy to read and understand. The basic theme of the book can be found in each chapter. The author shows that even though you may feel alone when going through a hard time you are not! You can call on other Christians to support you and rely on the Lord to strengthen you.
I gave this book 5/5 stars. I thought it was an encouraging book that shows you how to turn to the Lord when going through hard times.
I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Biblical Figures
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth