Burn Up or Splash Down: Surviving the Culture Shock of Re-Entry - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: InterVarsity Press
Publication Date: 2012
Just like a space shuttle struggles and strains to re-enter the earth's atmosphere, so those returning from living overseas can find themselves confused and in a state of panic at coming home. While people anticipate that going overseas will require major changes in their lifestyles and thinking, few anticipate the difficulties they will face upon return. Intended to aid the re-entry process, this encouraging, and insightful book deals with these important subjects:
- adapting to the passport culture
- identifying areas of potential struggle
- dealing with the emotional challenges
- finding a new job, a new place to live, learning the social mores
- returning is not coming home it is leaving home
- facilitating a smooth transition for those on the receiving end
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
Nancy StewartHouston TXAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Crossing cultures either way is difficult...February 22, 2013Nancy StewartHouston TXAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5...and this book helps folks return to their passport country culture after extended time in a different culture. It must be good, I keep getting requests for this book from the many folks to whom I am librarian in Asia.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions >> Guide/How To
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Missions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Leadership Development >> Equipping Volunteers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Missions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions >> Guide/How To
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership