After journeying into space, it is always a struggle for shuttles to re-enter the Earth's atmosphere. And the struggle is similar for those re-entering their own country after being overseas for a length of time. Most people anticipate the major changes in lifestyles and customs that come with traveling to another country. However, few foresee the difficulties they will encounter in coming home.
Intended to ease the difficult re-entry process, this encouraging and insightful book deals with many important topics:
- Re-adapting to the culture
- Identifying areas of potential struggle
- Dealing with emotional challenges
- Findinga job and a new place to live
- Re-learning the social norms
- Facilitating a smooth transition for those on the receiving end
- Helping children and teenagers adapt
If you are involved in missions in your church, an expatriate, a missionary, or a supporter interested in making the re-entry experience easier, Burn-up or Splash Down
will be invaluable to you.
Marion Knell has traveled and worked with families overseas, especially in the Arab world. She works as a family crosscultural consultant with business, humanitarian and Christian companies by preparing both adults and children for international assignments and debriefing them upon their return.