- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Multnomah Books
Publication Date: 2010
Why does my life have to be so painful?
Whats wrong with me?
Its not going to get better.
It could all be over soon, and then I wont hurt anymore.
Kristen Anderson thought she had the picture-perfect life until strokes of gray dimmed her outlook: three friends and her grandmother died within two years. Still reeling from these losses, she was raped by a friend she thought she could trust. She soon spiraled into a seemingly bottomless depression.
One January night, the seventeen-year-old decided she no longer wanted to deal with the emotional pain that smothered her. She lay down on a set of cold railroad tracks and waited for a freight train to send her to heaven…and peace.
But Kristen's story doesnt end there.
In Life, In Spite of Me this remarkably joyful young woman shares the miracle of her survival, the agonizing aftermath of her failed suicide attempt, and the hope that has completely transformed her life, giving her a powerful purpose for living.
Her gripping story of finding joy against all odds provides a vivid and unforgettable reminder that life is a gift to be treasured.
Includes notes of encouragement Kristen wishes she had received when she was struggling most.
From the Hardcover edition.
Suicide is a liar and a thief. It promises peace to those who are escaping but delivers unimaginable pain and rejection to those left behind. Kristen Jane Andersons riveting story unmasks the thief and gives hope a face. Dr. Dennis Rainey, president, FamilyLife Ministries
When I first met Kristen, I was overwhelmed with her smile, and then I saw her wheelchair. It was a defining moment for me. I had not heard her story or why shed ended up at Moody. But it was her smileand it is still her smilethat dismantles me. Kristen has something. It is something otherworldly. She had every reason to die, but now she has every reason to live. I hope youll read her story, see her smile, and know why she lives. Michael Easley, former president, Moody Bible Institute
Kristens story is a great example of what a big God and the resilient human spirit can accomplish. Life, in Spite of Me is a must-read for anyone who struggles with self-doubt or insecurity. I have no question God will use Kristen to transform many lives. Trent Dilfer, Super Bowl XXXV champion quarterback and TV sports analyst
Kristens endearing personality and piercing vulnerability drew me in from the first page to the last. If you are in a pit of despair, this book will give you the strength to hold on. By giving voice to her struggles, Kristen shows that you are not alone and there is a God who sees and will not waste any of your pain. This book is going to save lives. Nicol Sponberg, singer, songwriter, and former member of the Dove award-winning trio Selah.
From the first time I met Kristen, I knew she was an amazing young lady. As a fellow double amputee, I understand the difficulties she faces every day. Kristen lives with relentless joy and contagious optimism. Her story will infuse you with hope and a passion for life. Ron Santo, Chicago Cubs nine-time All-Star third baseman and radio broadcaster
Kristen is a trustworthy guide through the difficult issues of depression, facing ones own choices, self-forgiveness, and discovering authentic faith. Her recovery isnt a mountaintop experience others are incapable of having, but a real story of perseverance through fear, setbacks, and disappointments. She is an honest and credible teacher for all of us. Dr. JoAnn Nishimoto, clinical psychologist
An incredible heart-wrenching story about an incredible God who is always there, however dark it is, and howstanding in the shadowshe saved, healed, and restored his daughter to become a healing agent in a hurting world. A must read. Jill P. Brisco, author and speaker
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Pain & Suffering
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Suicide
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Recovery
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery