This product is not available for expedited shipping.
* This product is available for shipment only to the USA.
Inviting us to pause, reflect, and act with the God who is already present, Gregory F. A. Pierce boldy confronts and honestly evaluates our struggle to find meaning in the workplace. Unlike books that try to impose religion on the world of work, spirituality@work promotes an authentic spirituality that is rooted in the nitty-gritty of the workplace. Pierce shows how each of us can successfully balance our work with other aspects of life.
Gregory F. A. Pierce makes a striking claim: The holy and the transcendent can be found in the midst of the hustle and bustle of daily work. Rather than being a "grind," our work can be "grist" for our spiritual mills. Indeed, the work we do has enormous spiritual significance. Spirituality at Work offers invaluable guidance for everyone who seeks to nourish their spiritual lives while on the job.
Pierces ten disciplines of workplace spirituality include:
• finding sacred objects
• living with imperfection
• assuring quality
• giving thanks and congratulations
• building support and community
• dealing with others as you would have them deal with you
• deciding what is enoughand sticking to it
• balancing work, personal, family, church, and community responsibilities
• working to make "the system" work
• engaging in ongoing personal and professional development
Greg Pierce has almost 40 years of experience with citizen organizing and social justice work. He is the president of ACTA Publications, a company he founded more than 25 years ago. He is the author of several books, including the best-seller Spirituality at Work, and he has edited hundreds of books, many by top Catholic writers such as John Shea and Patrick Hannon. Greg and his wife, Kathy, live in Chicago.