Spiritual Guide which Disentangles the Soul - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Christian Classics Ethereal Library
Publication Date: 2010
My only scope was to teach the naked truth, with humility, sincerity, and perspicuity. Thus open Miguel Molinos' Spiritual Guide. Miguel Molinos was a pious, 17th century mystic and the founder of Quietism. Eventually his Quietist teachings were condemned, and he was jailed. Nevertheless, it even translated into every language in Europe at the time, within six years of its release. In it, Molinos claims that true spirituality consists in passive reflection of God and withdrawal from the world. The overarching purpose of Spiritual Guide is to encourage believers to conform their will to that of God's. This version also includes a lesser-known work of Molinos: Brief Treatise Concerning Daily Communion. In that work, Molinos argues that believers should be allowed to take communion every day for their own spiritual benefit. Spiritual Guide is a controversial work, but many believers have found it spiritual food enlightening and helpful. -Tim Perrine, CCEL Staff Writer
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> General Theology >> Christian Classics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spirituality Classics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spirituality Classics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> General Theology >> Christian Classics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> General Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality