Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 240
Vendor: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
Publication Date: 2004
|Dimensions: 9 X 6 (inches)|
Stretched for Greater Glory: What to Expect from the Spiritual ExercisesGeorge A. AschenbrennerLoyola Press / 2004 / Trade Paperback$16.16 Retail:
$17.95Save 10% ($1.79)
In this book Fitzmyer recasts the text of Romans into the form of meditations for devotional reflection in spiritual retreats, Bible studies, church classrooms, small groups, and other prayerful gatherings. Styled after the famous "Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola, the book includes twenty-four meditations that can be divided in a variety of ways and fit to a range of reading schedules. Each meditation is accompanied by a set of questions that encourages reflection on the passage of Romans being considered and also a colloquy in the form of a psalm or New Testament hymn that matches the sentiment of the Pauline passage.
A truly unique approach to spirituality, this book shows the role of Scripture in properly ordering the Christian life.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Devotionals
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Devotional Commentary
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality