A man had two dogs. The one he fed grew the biggest.
There's an old parable about a man who had two dogs that were constantly at war with each other. One of the dogs was good, representing virtues like loyalty and kindness. The other dog was bad, representing vices such as hatred and lust. Which dog won in the end? That's easy: the one he fed.
In the same way, we have two fundamental natures battling for our attention on a daily basisa sinful flesh and a righteous spirit. Through Christ, we have the ability to choose which nature we will "feed," leading us either further away from or closer to His likeness. Feed the Dog
is a video-driven Bible study for middle and high school students (grades 7-12). Through the artistry of illusion and his unique gift of evangelism, Brock Gill guides students to realize the importance of nourishing the spirit through the daily practice of spiritual disciplines. Over the course of eight sessions, students will learn that spiritual disciplines are something we develop over time. With practice and perseverance, students will be able to discern the truth and focus on what's important. They will "taste and see that the Lord is good" (Ps. 34:8), growing in their relationship with Christ and pointing others to Him.Also Available:
- Feed the Dog Kit includes this Bible study book and a DVD for group study featuring illusions and teaching by Brock Gill.
- E-book and digital leader kit available at lifeway.com/feedthedog.
- Interactive weekly teaching videos (approximately 8-10 minutes each) available with the purchase of a Leader Kit
- Leader Guide to facilitate small group discussion (located at the back of each book)
- 6 days of personal study to complete between group sessions
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered
- 8 group sessions, 7 weeks of homework
has set the pace for a new generation of edgy, daring illusionists as he amazes audiences with his unique stage show, dry wit, and mind-blowing escapes. His passion for reaching people with the truth that changed his own life has taken his ministry around the world. Understanding that people have short attention spans and a desire to be entertained visually, Brock has learned how to quickly draw in an audience and keep them on the edge of their seats. Brocks message for Christ is clear and effective, and he has seen God touch many lives through his ministry.