- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
A Man's Guide to the Spiritual Disciplines gives you the tools you need to reflect Christ in the context of marriage, family, and the daily grind. Morley highlights twelve habits that will strengthen your walk with Christ, including:
- Experiencing God in creation
- Letting the Bible change your life
- Learning the power of prayer
- Grasping God's greatness through worship
- Gaining strength through Sabbath
- Thriving because of fellowship
- Succeeding through wise counsel
- And more
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2008
Spiritual disciplines are to the believer what medical school is to the doctor.
A man came up to me at a conference where I was speaking and said, "Pat, do me a favor. Tell me how to be good. I already know how bad I am."
That statement captures the intent of this book and the purpose of the spiritual disciplines. Spiritual strength, like surgical skill or athletic excellence, requires training and practice. To become the kind of man who walks with God and wields Christs influence in your world, youll want to begin a consistent regimen of spiritual exercises.
In A Mans Guide to the Spiritual Disciplines, Patrick Morley highlights twelve habits that will strengthen your walk with Christ, including:
-- Experiencing God in creation
-- Letting the Bible change your life
-- Learning the power of prayer
-- Grasping Gods greatness through worship
-- Gaining strength through Sabbath
-- Thriving because of fellowship
-- Succeeding through wise counsel
-- And more . . .
By presenting each discipline with a concise overview, several examples, and application ideas to get you going, this powerful guidebook will help you develop the maturity every man of God was designed to reflect.
Bob Mabry4 Stars Out Of 5April 22, 2008Bob MabryI chose to purchase and use this book as basic guidelines for the start-up of my Men's ministry class because of the better material that would fit my style of teaching. Also due to the moderate cost factor of the book. I felt that for more advanced Christians, the material could've been more "meaty."
Dale Molden5 Stars Out Of 5April 6, 2008Dale MoldenOur men's Bible study group of more than one dozen participants has found this book to be informative, challenging and inspiring. We highly recommend for any size group.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues >> General
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues