Spirit of Love - eBook
Add To Cart
- All Products
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Christian Classics Ethereal Library
Publication Date: 2010
Influenced by the writings of German mystic, Jacob Boehme, William Law wrote two related works of mysticism: The Spirit of Love and The Spirit of Prayer. Written by Law in the 1750s, these books emphasize Law's own creative interpretation of mysticism, which relies heavily on the indwelling of Christ in the believer's soul. The Spirit of Love contains three dialogues shared between the characters Theogenes, Eusebius, and Theophilus. They discuss topics such as the nature of religion, divine revelation, the fall of Adam, and the atonement. Law utilizes these dialogues to reveal the necessity of Christ's salvation. In their final dialogue, Theogenes communicates his enlightened understanding of salvation: There is but one salvation for all mankind, and that is the life of God in the soul... Law intended his writings to help readers renew their commitment to the holy life; The Spirit of Love will remind Christians of God's profound love. -Emmalon Davis, CCEL Staff Writer
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> General Theology >> Christian Classics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> General Theology >> Christian Classics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> General Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Catholic