Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Speaking Truth: Women Raising Their Voices in Prayer - eBook|
By: J. Paige Boyer, Emily Peck-McClain, Shannon Sullivan, Theresa Thames & Jen Tyler
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Abingdon Press
|Publication Date: 2020|
Stock No: WW103235EB
Women are fierce and fed-up, and they have been joining hands together for the purposes of societal change for as long as there has been injustice. Women of faith are guided by the Holy Spirit to work together to bring down these injustices, to build on the foundation Christ laid for the beloved community of God on earth.
This book is women joining together to speak and act in new ways in response to the increasing challenges of our day. This book offers to all women the sustenance needed to face blatant racism, bigotry, sexism, heterosexism, and xenophobia in the world and in the church. The writers of Speaking Truth greet these challenges knowing that the Good News of Jesus Christ is bigger than any societal ill and that God has called us to play a part in Gods work of transformation.
When we pray together and act together, we claim a new vision for how things can be - a vision God gives us through Scripture. We can support both ourselves and other women as we learn to find and claim our voices and end the silences imposed upon us.
• Provides inspirational writings by women for women to face the societal challenges specific to today.
• Includes prayers, devotions, scriptures, and inspirational quotes for special challenges.
• Encourages women supporting, advocating, and praying for other women.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> General
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> General
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Devotionals >> General
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> General
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues