Sovereignty of God - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Christian Classics Ethereal Library
Publication Date: 2010
In his book The Sovereignty of God, A.W. Pink outlines the sovereignty of God from a Calvinist standpoint. He defines God's sovereignty, and then explains how God's sovereignty is characterized in creation and salvation. Then Pink discusses the relationship between God's sovereignty and the human will. Finally, Pink describes the appropriate attitude Christians should take towards God's sovereignty. The issues Pink raises in this book have previously been addressed by many prominent figures such as St. Augustine, St. Aquinas, Calvin, and Jonathan Edwards. Pink studied these wise men and draws from their conclusions in his own writing, but ultimately, the author places his perspective in light of God's Word. Pink strongly believed that true faith rests not in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. Pink wants his readers to gain a firm grasp on the biblical text rather than the secondary literature, and he aims to highlight Scripture in his book. -Emmalon Davis, CCEL Staff Writer
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Divine Sovereignty & Human Freedom
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spirituality Classics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spirituality Classics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Divine Sovereignty & Human Freedom
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality