Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
- In Sophie's Friendship Fiasco, Sophie's learning about medieval codes of honor in seventh grade honors class-and in life. Sophie's shaved her head to empathize with a gravely ill friend, but negative assumptions and cruel teasing have her trying to deflect the attention with humor-and wisecracking always seems to land her in trouble! In the meantime, Sophie takes action to prevent another of the Pops' mean schemes-but to do so, she lies about her friends and loses them as a result. When she finally understands the true intention of a code of honor, Sophie learns another absolute truth: God expects us to be completely honest-especially with ourselves. But if we fail, He forgives us. When Sophie comes clean, her best friends come around. She thwarts the Pops and gains the respect of her teachers, too.
- In Sophie and the New Girl, Sophie's back with more middle-school adventures! The just-formed film club has brought a new girl into the Flakes' orbit: Phoebe is witty, fun, and an awesome actress, but then the girls discover she harbors a prejudice against one of their own. When this same girl is accused of theft, the Pops-and even some of the Flakes-are only too happy to turn against her. And when Dr. Peter suggests that Sophie has a Christian responsibility to try to understand Phoebe, Sophie's ready to throw up her hands. But then the absolute truth dawns: God wants us to reach out to those who are lost-even if it makes us uncomfortable. Armed with insight, Sophie puts faith into action and gains a friend in the process.
Number of Pages: 256
Publication Date: 2013
|Dimensions: 7.10 X 4.70 X 1.00 (inches)|
Meet Sophie LaCroix, a creative soul with a desire to become a great film director someday, and she definitely has a flair for drama! Her overactive imagination frequently lands her in trouble, but her faith and friends always save the day. From best-selling author, Nancy Rue, comes two-in-one bindups of the popular Sophie series.
Sophies Friendship Fiasco: Sophie tries living up to others expectations, but lately shes letting everyone down. When she misrepresents the Flakes with good intentions she loses their friendship. Will they ever forgive her?
Sophie and the New Girl: Sophie likes the new girl who joins the film club. Shes witty and unique, even if she is a bit bizarre. When the camera goes missing, the other Flakes are quick to accuse. Will Sophie be able to identify the real thief?
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Friendship/Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Bible Based
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Friendship/Relationships
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Bible Based