Add To Cart
Sonlight Curriculum Pre-Kindergarten Package
(Just select Standard or UPS Ground shipping at checkout.)
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The Sonlight Pre-K program, Exploring God's World, is designed to bridge the gap between the Sonlight preschool program and the early chapter books and academics of Sonlight A - perfect for ages 4-5. This level gently expands learning time from primarily picture books into gentle teaching. Pre-K includes delightful imaginative literature while starting to develop your children's knowledge of the real world.
Pre-K includes many fiction titles that are nicely illustrated, but the number of words per page increases significantly and expands to include collections of short stories. Children also start to learn about history and how to express the concept of time.
The Pre-K Science books teach children about the months of the year, farm animals, the four seasons, simple machines, and more. The humanities are introduced through the study of famous art and a book of poetry illustrated by Eric Carle.
Developing the Early Learner Volumes I-IV is a series of four carefully sequenced workbooks that are designed to help your children build motor skills (useful for handwriting), visual skills (useful for letter recognition and reading), auditory skills (important for following directions and listening to great books), and comprehension (understanding those great books).
The Pre-K Instructor's Guide includes resources for teaching all Pre-K subjects, including: a full schedule; teaching helps; memory exercises, nursery rhymes, poems, songs, and activities; and more. Each week includes 5-6 additional hands-on activities that coordinate with the reading.
Estimated daily time for the Pre-K Exploring God's World Program: Student and Parent: 20 mins to 1.5 hrs. Ages 4-5. Covers 36 weeks of instruction.
This kit includes:
- Pre-K Instructor's Guide: Exploring God's World
- 101 Favorite Stories from the Bible
- People by Peter Spier
- Stories from Africa
- Things People Do
- The Gods Must be Angry
- Then and Now
- New Toes for Tia
- First Thousand Words
- Dr. Seuss' ABC
- American Tall Tales CD by Jim Weiss
- A Treasury of Mother Goose Rhymes
- The Lion Storyteller Bedtime Book
- The Complete Adventures of Peter Rabbit
- Milly-Molly-Mandy Story Book
- Stories from Around the World
- Eric Carle's Animals, Animals
- Children's Book of Virtues
- A Child's Book of Art
- The Classic Tales of Brer Rabbit
- Uncle Wiggily's Story Book
- Is a Blue Whale the Biggest Thing There Is?
- What's Smaller than a Pygmy Shrew?
- How do you Lift a Lion?
- How to Dig a Hole to the Other Side of the World
- Why Do Tigers have Stripes?
- What's Under the Sea
- The Berenstain Bear's Big Book of Science and Nature
- The Year at Maple Hill Farm
- Developing the Early Learner Volume I, II, III, IV
|Format: Other||Vendor: Sonlight Curriculum, Ltd.|