Add To Cart
Add To Cart
|Title: Something Needs to Change, Teen DVD Leader Kit|
By: David Platt
Publication Date: 2019
Dimensions: 9.6 X 7.6 X 1.4 (inches)
|Weight: 1 pound 4 ounces|
Stock No: WW963428
David PlattLifeway / 2019 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$13.99
David PlattLifeway / 2019 / DVDOur Price$79.99Video
David PlattLifeway / 2019 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$14.99Video
David PlattMultnomah / 2019 / HardcoverOur Price$13.495 out of 5 stars for Something Needs to Change: A Call to Make Your Life Count in a World of Urgent Need. View reviews of this product. 51 Reviews
Retail Price$22.00Save 39% ($8.51)Availability: In StockStock No: WW291417Video
On a trip to the Himalayan mountains, David Platt was confronted with staggering physical and spiritual needs unlike any he had ever seen. On leaving, Platt found himself asking fundamental questions about his life and ministry. He realized that something needed to change.
Being confronted with suffering causes us to ask questions that, if we are honest, we would rather ignore. However, if we believe the Bible, ignorance of profound human need is not an option for us. Neither is indifference. We cannot be Christians and turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to the world in need around us. If those responses become the commentary of our lives and our churches, then one fact will be abundantly clear: we were not following Jesus on our journey through this life.
What does it mean to follow Jesus in a world filled with urgent physical and spiritual needs? In this Something Needs to Change teen Bible study, David Platt explores that question as he takes you on a life-altering trek through the Himalayas.
Something Needs to Change Teen Bible Study Leader Kit includes a Bible Study Book and one DVD with eight 15- to 20-minute video teaching sessions featuring author David Platt, filmed on location in remote, unreached areas of the Himalayas. The Kit also includes codes for access to digital video downloads and additional resources available through Wordsearch Bible, valued at $200.
2. Physical Need
3. Spiritual Need
4. Loving God and People
6. Counting the Cost
7. The One
8. Something Needs to Change
- Bible Study Book
- One DVD with eight 15- to 20-minute video sessions
- Code for access to digital video downloads
- Code for access to additional leader resources available from Wordsearch Bible online platform
- Eight small group sessions
- Personal-study opportunities between group sessions for ongoing spiritual growth
- Teaching videos featuring author David Platt, approximately 15-20 minutes each week
- 8 group sessions, 8 weeks of homework
- Gain a sense of calling and purpose by considering ways God can use you to meet physical and spiritual needs.
- Observe Jesus response to urgent need throughout the Gospel of Luke.
- Take the next action step to which the Lord is calling you.
- Identify ways God may be calling you to pray, go, and give for the sake of His glory among the nations.
- Discover concrete action steps for getting involved in Gods mission.
- See the sights and sounds of Nepal through video teaching filmed on location.
- Refuse to stand idly by while people perish without hearing the name of Jesus.
David is the author of several books, including Radical, Radical Together, Follow Me, Counter Culture, and Something Needs to Change, as well as the following volumes in the Christ-Centered Exposition Commentary series: Exalting Jesus in Matthew, Exalting Jesus in James, Exalting Jesus in 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus, and Exalting Jesus in Galatians.
David Platt received his PhD from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. He lives in the metro Washington, D.C., area with his wife and their children.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.