Add To Cart
So Far from the Sea
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
This product is not available for expedited shipping.
* This product is available for shipment only to the USA.
Number of Pages: 32
Vendor: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Publication Date: 2009
|Dimensions: 10.50 X 10.50 (inches)|
Laura Iwasaki and her family are paying what may be their last visit to Laura's grandfather's grave. The grave is at Manzanar, where thousands of Americans of Japanese heritage were interned during World War II. Among those rounded up and taken to the internment camp were Laura's father, then a small boy, and his parents. Now Laura says goodbye to Grandfather in her own special way, with a gesture that crosses generational lines and bears witness to the patriotism that survived a shameful episode in America's history. Eve Bunting's poignant text and Chris K. Soentpiet's detailed, evocative paintings make the story of this family's visit to Manzanar, and of the memories stirred by the experience, one that will linger in readers' minds and hearts. Afterword.
Eve Bunting has written over two hundred books for children, including the Caldecott Medal-winning Smoky Night, illustrated by David Diaz, The Wall, Fly Away Home, and Train to Somewhere. She lives in Southern California.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Family Life >> Picture Books
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Family Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> People & Places
- Children >> Children's Books >> Family Life >> Picture Books
- Children >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Family Life
- Children >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> People & Places