Smith Wigglesworth on Spiritual Gifts - eBook
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Whitaker House
Publication Date: 1998
Smith Wigglesworth (1859-1947) was born in England in 1859. Immediately after his conversion as a boy, he had a concern for the salvation of others and won people to Christ, including his mother. He became a plumber by trade, yet he continued to devote himself to winning many people to Christ on an individual basis. In 1882, he married Polly Featherstone, a vivacious young woman who loved God and had a gift of preaching and evangelism. It was she who taught him to read and who became his closest confidant and strongest supporter. They both had compassion for the poor and needy in their community, and they opened a mission, at which Polly preached. Significantly, people were miraculously healed when Wigglesworth prayed for them. In 1907, Wigglesworth's circumstances changed dramatically when, at the age of forty-eight, he was baptized in the Holy Spirit. Suddenly, he had a new power that enabled him to preach, and even his wife was amazed at the transformation. This was the beginning of what became a worldwide evangelistic and healing ministry that reached thousands. He eventually ministered in the United States, Australia, South Africa, and all over Europe. His ministry extended to the time of his death in 1947.
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
ERICIDAHOAge: Over 65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5WIGGLESWORTH REALLY LOVED THE LORDFebruary 4, 2013ERICIDAHOAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 5Meets Expectations: 5SMITH WAS SO AN0ITED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT HIS GIFTS INCLUDING HEALINGS AND INTEPRETATIONS OF TONGUES WERE VERY GENUINE AND BELIEVABLE. HE DID NOT DOUBT WHAT JESUS HAD SAID "THESE WORKS AND EVEN GREATER WILL YOU DO"....BASED ON FAITH AND DESIRE TO BRING OTHERS TO THE KINGDOM OF JESUS CHRIST.
Jenine Volker5 Stars Out Of 5July 21, 2009Jenine VolkerI am almost halfway through the book. It is amazing!! Very inspiring!! Very applicable!! The only reason I put it down is to "chew on the meat!" And there is so much meat!! It does not have a lot of technical terms, an "easy read" but challenging at the same time. A "must-read" for every serious Christian.
Joy Ifueko Eholor5 Stars Out Of 5May 5, 2009Joy Ifueko EholorThis is a book recomended to all believers, after reading it i believe ones life just have to change for the best
Steven Lind5 Stars Out Of 5August 19, 2007Steven LindA friend recommended this preacher to me and I've never heard of him. I'm glad she did because he was truly a man of God. I plan on getting more of his writings. I particularly liked one thing he said that when we are witnessing we should always start in the home to our families (his mom was the first he converted long before he was born of the Spirit).
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Gifts
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Gifts
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Gifts
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality