Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Vendor: Sterling Children's Books
Publication Date: 2015
Reptiles … close up!
Snake fangs, alligator claws, and turtle shells—all life-size! Go belly down on the ground, eye to reptilian eye, with acclaimed naturalist Jim Arnosky. Through large gatefolds and marvelously detailed, realistic art, he takes kids (safely!) up close and personal with these slithery, crawly creatures. Arnosky explains how to identify venomous snakes and their harmless cousins, where to find a 200-pound lizard, how to avoid becoming an alligator's lunch, and much more. It's the perfect gift for a budding naturalist, animal lover, or artist.
A 2009 Parents' Choice Recommended Nonfiction Book.
Jim Arnosky has written and illustrated more than 100 books and been honored for his contribution to children's literature. He received the first lifetime achievement award for Excellence in Science Illustration from the American Association for the Advancement of Science and the Washington Post/Children's Book Guild Award for nonfiction. Many of his books are ALA Notable Books, and he has collected numerous starred reviews. Jim lives in South Ryegate, VT, but travels all over the US for school and library visits. Visit jimarnosky.com to learn more.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Educational >> Picture Books
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Animals
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Educational
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Educational >> Picture Books
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Animals
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Educational