Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Filled with inspiring stories, thought-provoking insights, and heart-warming humor, Slaying Your Giants will open your eyes to solutions that will help you enjoy the life God desires for you. The Study Guide in the appendix provides questions on each topic for small group discussion.
Number of Pages: 242
Vendor: Hendrickson Publishers
Publication Date: 2015
|Dimensions: 9 X 6 X 1.0 (inches)|
A virtual spiritual survival guide, *Slaying Your Giants* tackles twenty common problems that can become Goliaths in our lives and provides simple Biblical step-by-step methods of conquering each one. Chapters include:
- Hopelessness - One in a Billion
- Fear - How's Your Nervous System?
- Discontentment - May I Change Seats, Please?
- Doubt - Without a Doubt
- Temptation - Adam and Eve's Instruction Manual
- Unforgiveness - Who is in Your Dungeon?
- Guilt - Canceling Guilt Trips
- Change - Breaking Out of Comfort Zones
- Worry - The Movies in Your Mind
- Self-Image - I Love Me, I Love Me Not
- Pessimism - Treasure Hunting
- Anger - Anger Management
- Rejection - The Angel in the Marble
- Impatience - God's Waiting Room
- Burdens - Check Your Baggage Here
- Depression - Singing in the Dark
- Envy - The Possession Obsession
- Jealousy - A Sneaking Suspicion
- Discouragement - The End of Your Rope
- Death - Scared to Death
Includes discussion questions for each topic for small group use.
Romona5 Stars Out Of 5AwesomeMarch 13, 2017RomonaQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0This book is an awesome read, it touches on every "giant" that we face in life. What a awesome way to help with all the obstacles we may face in life! Great job Kent!
Lannie5 Stars Out Of 5slaying your dragonsFebruary 26, 2017LannieQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0i loved it. very informative. everyone should read.
Alicia Schempersheldon, IAAge: 55-65Gender: female4 Stars Out Of 5Slaying Your Giants - Great material for small group Bible studyDecember 28, 2015Alicia Schempersheldon, IAAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4Our small group ordered this book and also the study guide to go with it. We have only studied the first
chapter so far, but we all agree; this is an excellent book for a small group to work through. The different
subjects that are addressed (anger, loneliness, jealousy, etc....) are issues that all of us face at some point
in our lives. We are SO excited to dig deeper, grow together in grace and encourage each other to be bold
in the Lord and go slay our giants!