Sketches of Church History, from AD 33 to the Reformation - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Christian Classics Ethereal Library
Publication Date: 2010
The Ecclesiastical History of England examines the religious and political history of the Anglo-Saxons from the fifth century to 731 AD. St. Bede's historical survey opens with a broad outline of Roman Britain's geography and history. St. Bede pays special attention to the disagreement between Roman and Celtic Christians, the dates and locations of significant events in the Christian calendar, and political upheaval during the 600's. St. Bede collected information from a variety of monasteries, early Church and government writings, and oral histories of Rome and Britain. This book is useful to people looking for a brief survey of religious and political figures and events in Anglo-Saxon history. Readers should recognize that St. Bede's religious and political biases are subtly reflected in his historiography, diminishing its objectivity. Nonetheless, his Ecclesiastical History of England is one of the most important texts of the Anglo-Saxon history. -Emmalon Davis, CCEL Staff Writer
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
DalegNZAge: Over 65Gender: male2 Stars Out Of 5April 30, 2012DalegNZAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 2Meets Expectations: 1A book worth reading to understand the magical beliefs of the times. How the church at the time believed more in relics and myths than a personal relationship with Jesus. Reminds me of many Christians I meet. A quick read but not too much notice to be taken of Bede's christian world view. He was a man of his times and is typical of viewpoints at this time in history. I recommend Shaffe's history of the church to get a better understanding of this man's thinking.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Medieval Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spirituality Classics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spirituality Classics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> Medieval Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Medieval Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality