- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2014
Series: Hope for the Heart
Some Christian singles are perfectly contentwhile others are not. Many feel like they are missing out because theyre missing marriage, wondering: Is there something wrong with me? When is it my turn? What if I never find someone? In Singleness: How to be Single and Satisfied, June Hunt reveals how to be happy being single, how to uproot common causes of discontentment, and how to find joy in knowing that God is our ultimate need-meeter for love, significance, and security.
Whether you are single for a season or single again, discover biblical truths about how God wants to use your singleness to fulfill His purpose and plan for your life. Perfect resources for anyone who is single and Christian (including single Christian women, single moms, single Christian men, etc.)
Christian and Single? Find out God's View of Singleness and Discover the Benefits of Living Single
This 96-page ebook, Singleness: How to Be Single and Satisfied, features—
- Definition Section, covering key definitions and insights on singleness including the 3 types of singleness (single for all seasons, single for a season, and single again) and the unique challenges each faces.
- Characteristics Section, covering the 18 signs of discontentment and practical ways to use your time of singleness for God's purpose and glory. Experience the peace that comes from fully realizing that it is God—not a spouse—that can complete us, making us fill whole and giving us the love, significance, and security we so often crave from others.
- Steps to Solution Section provides practical, Bible-based advice on how to develop a healthy perspective of singleness, how to be C.O.N.T.E.N.T, and how to line up your self-image with God's image of you. Includes a close up look at what the Bile says about singleness and includes encouraging Scriptures!
Includes Practical Tools and Tips on How to Develop a Healthy Perspective of Singleness:
- 5 myths about singleness and how to NOT to fall for them.
- Contentment Test/Checklist—provides 36 self-reflective questions to help you gauge your level of contentment on a personal, social, and spiritual level.
- Q & A on Common Questions, such as—
- Is it scriptural to participate in matchmaking/online dating services?
- Why should I stay pure?
- What does having a healthy view of singleness look like?
- Why doesn't God give me the desires of my heart?
- Isn't marriage encouraged in the Bible?
Shares Key Insights and Definitions on Singleness
Christian counselor, June Hunt begins this ebook with a definitions section. She explains the 3 types of singleness—single for all seasons, single for a season, and single again. She sheds 3 valuable insights on the meaning of singleness, sharing the good news that you don't need someone to complete you because you are already complete in Christ. In this section she expertly exposes the 5 myths about singleness and how to NOT fall for them.
Learn How to Spot Discontentment, Uproot it, and Find Joy As a Christian Single
As a single Christian woman and as a Christian counselor, June Hunt, personally understands the pressures Christian singles face related to self-image, loneliness, rejection, and self-worth. She addresses the secret questions often asked by singles that cause discontentment, such as—
- When can I have a fulfilling companionship?
- What is wrong with me?
- How can I keep from feeling unwanted?
- Why am I not worthy enough to be loved?
- Who will make me feel important?
She shares the 18 signs of discontentment related to sexual frustration, bitterness, and fear. She also explains the common reasons why singles feel pressured into getting married by their parents, peers, careers, and even themselves. Uncover that much discontentment stems from 3 false beliefs about singleness. Find out what these false beliefs are and how to correct them in this easy-to-understand minibook, Singleness: How to Be Single and Satisfied.
Enjoy Practical Advice on How to be Happy Being Single—
This singleness ebook gives a close up look at 1 Corinthians 7 and the benefits of staying single. Keeping a positive outlook on singleness can be tough, especially in a society which still looks down upon singleness as a second best choice. In this section, June Hunt shows—
- Step-by-step suggestions on how to be C.O.N.T.E.N.T
- How to develop a healthy perspective on singleness
- How to bolster your self-worth after a broken relationship—includes key truths, key verses, and model prayers for each suggestion.
- 11 ways to line up your self-image with God's image of you, including how to release past negative experiences and focus on your positive future in Christ.
- The spiritual reasons for guarding sexual purity and integrity.
The good news is that you don't need anyone to complete you. You are already complete in Christ! Find out how God wants to use your singleness to fulfill His purpose, to fulfill your deepest needs, and ultimately to bring you closer to him.
Look for all 36 titles in the Hope For The Heart Biblical Counseling Library. These mini-books are for people who seek freedom from codependency, anger, conflict, verbal and emotional abuse, depression, or other problems.
Meet the Author: June Hunt
June Hunt, M.A. Criswell College, is a biblical counselor whose award-winning radio program Hope for the Heart is heard on 900 radio outlets around the world. For more than 25 years, she has counseled people, offering them hope for today's problems. June has helped many people with emotional, relational, and spiritual problems experience God's love through biblical hope and practical advice.
Early family pain was the catalyst that shaped June's compassionate heart. Later, as a youth director, she became aware of the need for sound biblical counsel. After years of teaching and research, she developed a scripturally based counseling course covering topics such as marriage and parenting, depression and anger, stress and suicide. These topics are now available as the Aspire Press Hope for the Heart ebooklets.
Hope from the Heart is a half-hour teaching broadcast on these important topics in more than 60 countries on 6 continents. Hope in the Night is June's live two-hour call-in counseling program that helps people untie their tangled problems on air. Through her warmth, wisdom, and gentle candor, June prompts penetrating dialogue with listeners, often with life-changing results.
Hope for the Heart ebooklets have been published in 27 languages in several formats and are being translated into more. June is a popular guest professor at colleges and seminaries and a sought-after speaker at conferences and religious broadcasting events. She teaches and speaks around the world on topics such as crisis counseling, child abuse, wife abuse, forgiveness, singleness, and self-worth.
Kind Words about June Hunt and the Hope for the Heart Minibook Series
Kay Arthur, Co-founder of Precept Ministries International, and author of When the Hurt Runs Deep-Healing and Hope for Life's Desperate Moments.
Stephen Arterburn, Founder of New Life Ministries and author of Healing Is a Choice.
Dr. Dorothy Kelley Patterson, Professor of Theology in Women's Studies, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
Dr. Tony Evans, Senior Pastor, Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship, and President of The Urban Alternative.
ChamberstrekCaliforniaAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5In Christ, you can be single and satisfied !March 17, 2014ChamberstrekCaliforniaAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Singleness: How To Be Single and Satisfied
June Hunt opens her mini-book revealing that we often forget that Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God was single himself.ÃÂ ÃÂ She states, "Yet, He was not the only one who, for whatever reason, was unmarried - and yet lived a fulfilled and productive life. The single life is a special life that offers special meaning for those who choose it - or for those who choose to accept their unmarried state with contentment."
The subtitles within the "Contents Section" reveals the important points covered in this book: What are difficulties in living as a single ?ÃÂ What does contentment look like? What are causes of discontentment ?ÃÂ Why do so many feel pressure to marry? The steps to those solutions are clear, concise and biblical.
She presents advice on choosing to be content, being a healthy single, how to regain your self-worth after a broken relationship, and guarding sexual integrity.
The important 'Contentment Checklist' reveals how content a person is with their singleness: both socially and spiritually.
The section on whether or not it is scriptural to participate in matchmaking services and dating services is pertinent, causing you to think through your motives.ÃÂ She concludes this section with the advice: "Always remember, God is your source.ÃÂ A dating service is not."
The plan of salvation is clearly presented and Hunt emphasizes that a right relationship with God is the relationship that makes you complete.ÃÂ There is opportunity to pray and ask the Jesus to be Lord and Savior of the reader's life. And as June Hunt says, "If you sincerely prayed this prayer, look at what God says about you and your singleness:
"You are complete in Him (Christ)"
The last section on "How To Choose to Be Content" is priceless, single or not.
"Godliness with contentment is great gain."ÃÂ ÃÂ 1 Timothy 6:6
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology >> Self-Improvement
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Church Supplies >> Outreach/Visitor >> Booklets
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues