- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Destiny Image
Publication Date: 2011
With a heart to see people encountering the love and power of Jesus, single parent and former foster child Shae Cooke shares her heart, humor, and Gods love message to a worldwide audience. A co-author and ghostwriter, she has contributed to more than 40 books, in both secular and non secular markets, and works closely with international ministry and marketplace leaders, entertainers, writers, and publishers to inspire people into the supernatural reality of relationship with God.
richard r blakeBridgman, MIAge: Over 65Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5A Single Parent's Guide to New RelatioshipsFebruary 18, 2011richard r blakeBridgman, MIAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4"Love, Dating, and Relationships: Finding Love in All the Right Places" is a proactive guide in which Shea Cooke openly talks about her personal journey in the pursuit of healing and the process for finding freedom to date, rediscover trust and to allow herself to love again.
The format of the book is attractive and inviting highlighting key ideas, with thought provoking review questions ("Catch the Drift?") These questions allow for introspection and are designed to help the reader resolve regrets, to set realistic expectations, and to restructuring wholeness. Another series of questions titled "Below the Surface" help the reader record and recognize their progress as the result of reading and applying the principles gleaned from the narrative.
Using personal experiences as well as stories from the lives of others as examples Cooke details important lessons that will help the reader avoid the pitfalls and unnecessary heartache experienced by so many. Shea stresses the need to accept personal responsibility for the results of mistakes in judgment and of the importance forgiveness plays in finding freedom and healing.
A wealth of additional resources for future further reading is given through the end notes following each chapter.
Cooke's writing is warm, compelling, humorous, and encouraging.
"The Single Parent's Guide to Love, Dating, and Relationships" should be available for counseling by pastors as well as professional and lay counselors. It is an excellent guide for every individual faced with the challenge of "single parenting."
As Reviewed for Midwest Book Review
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Single Parenting
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Relationships >> Dating
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Relationships >> Single Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Single Parenting
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships