- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Discovery House
Publication Date: 2011
Nowhere are the personal depths of grief and the cry of the broken heart more clearly revealed than in the Psalms. Through their honest, gut-level responses to their real-life circumstances, the psalmists show joy, anger, bitterness, guilt, resentment, vindictiveness, and most of the other emotions all of us feel at some time in our lives. In looking carefully at Psalms 6, 12, 13, 22, 32, 39, 42, 56, 69, and 73, the author explains how they reveal the truth about our own grief, despair, defeat, guilt, fear, desperation, hate, stress, unfairness, and sin. "The Lord is near to the brokenhearted," assures the psalmist. In a pain-filled world, only He can heal our broken hearts.
Bill Crowder, who spent over twenty years in pastoral ministry, is vice president of ministry content at ODB Ministries. He is a contributor to Our Daily Bread and the author of five books, including The Spotlight on Faith, Singing the Songs of the Brokenhearted, and The Path of His Passion. He and his wife, Marlene, have five children.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Pain & Suffering
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues