Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
This writing curriculum is designed to be used with the Simply Classical Memoria Press special-needs classical readiness program.
Combining copywork, grammar, and composition for daily practice with written expression, this book also teaches from non-fiction read-alouds to increase vocabulary, general knowledge, and concept development and fiction read-alouds to foster comprehension, wonder, and imagination.
Simply read the assigned book each day before beginning the lesson; then introduce and teach the "rules about sentences" and follow the directions to have the student copy or compose the sentence for the day. Students follow the same directions for each day-they study the rules, apply the rules by marking the sentences with a green, red, and blue colored pencil, and finally work on one of the exercises for the day: copying a read-aloud sentence, creating a sentence from a word bank, writing a sentence with their own words or with the word bank, drawing an illustration for the story, and creating a one-sentence caption for the story. Covers 34 weeks. 119 pages, softcover. Consumable and non-reproducible.
Designed for students ages 6-8, whether in chronological age or skill level.
This curriculum is designed to be used with a series of recommended, but optional, books. This book list is as follows:
- Two Little Gardeners by Margaret Wise Brown
- Seven Little Postmen by Margaret Wise Brown
- Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel by Virginia Lee Burton
- Stellaluna by Janell Cannon
- Zipping, Zapping, Zooming Bats by Ann Earle
- How People Learned to Fly by Fran Hodgkins
- The Little Island by Margaret Wise Brown
- The Reasons for Seasons by Gail Gibbons
- The Planets/ A Time to Keep by Gail Gibbons/Tasha Tudor
- A Children's Treasury of Poems illustrated by Linda Bleck
- Roxaboxen by Alice McLerran
- Norman the Doorman by Don Freeman
- A Children's Treasury of Lullabies illustrated by Linda Bleck
- The Pumpkin Book by Gail Gibbons
- Biggest, Strongest, Fastest by Steven Jenkins
- The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton
- Christmas Around the World by Emily Kelley
- Saint Nicholas: The Real Story of the Christmas Legend by Julie Stiegemeyer
- Animal Tales CD by Jim Weiss (multiple weeks)
- It's Snowing by Gail Gibbons
- Katy and the Big Snow by Virginia Lee Burton
- Groundhog Day! By Gail Gibbons
- A-B-See by Elizabeth Doyle
- The Frogs and Toads all Sang by Arnold Lobel
- How a House is Built by Gail Gibbons
- How do Birds Find Their Way? By Roma Gans
- Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey (two weeks)
Vendor: Memoria Press
Publication Date: 2016
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.