- All Products
- Last Minute Christmas
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
- Media Type▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2005
What images come to mind when you think about hospitality? June Cleaver with a plate of warm cookies as Beaver arrives home from school? Susie Homemaker with a meal to deliver to a new mother? An immaculate home with no dust bunnies or cheese puff-encrusted toys? More than a chicken casserole and a bag of salad, writes Jane Jarrell, hospitality is kindness in its simplest form-loving others where they are with what God has given you.
Dubbed "the Queen of Hospitality," Jane is passionate about creating an environment of love and encouragement, even in today's hectic world of monstrous to-do lists and worn out soccer moms.
Packed with possibility, each chapter examines a different facet of lifestyle hospitality offering ideas, testimonials, and triumphs in the satisfying skill of kindness in action. With emphasis on keeping it simple, Jane provides fresh ideas in a light, humorous tone, along with easy instructions, quick recipes, time saving lists, and fun illustrations.
Ms. Jarrell reassures the timid hostess that she can find her own style that will make her hospitality ministry natural. It shouldn't be about impressing guests, but serving them.
Divided into three sections, Simple Hospitality addresses the heart of a hostess, sharing with those in your home, and then hospitality with your community. From favorite recipes to quick cleaning tips to gift ideas, chapters are short bursts of inspiration that can be read at random, or cover to cover. Ms. Jarrell has kept her promise to keep it simple, which makes this book applicable to anyone.
And she is no stranger to entertaining pressures: Ms. Jarrell coordinated Southern Living magazine's cooking shows and Neiman Marcus restaurant marketing. Yet the author has set aside the picture perfect ideals, and asserts that hospitality's true identity is kindness and a servant's heart. If you struggle with feelings of hostess-anxiety or inability, Simple Hospitality will encourage you to open your home to others. -- Anne Walker, Christian Book Previews.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Household Management >> Hospitality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Household Management >> Hospitality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Household Management
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues