Have a burden to learn sign language? Want to learn, but think it's too hard? This complete program makes it easy to learn and use sign language in your everyday life with this simple text & workbook approach. Using the English Sentence Format, it approaches each sign with thorough, step-by-step instructions, and includes drills and exercises to encourage your signing retention and understanding. With over 3,500 signs and instructions on how to create full sentences, you'll be on your way to signing communication in no time. 224 pages, indexed.
A comprehensive guide to learning and using Sign Language in everyday life
The authors of the acclaimed Perigee Visual Dictionary of Signing and The Pocket Dictionary of Signing have created a text and workbook in one. This volume will teach you how to use signing in English sentence format. Signing Made Easy offers the most thorough, step-by-step approach to learning sign language, complete with drills and practice exercises to increase signing ability and understanding.
Presented in a large-format, easy-to-follow design, this book includes:
• More than 3,500 different signs, with clear illustrations and descriptions
• Instructions on how to sign in complete sentences
• Exercises for learning how to give and receive signs
• Drills to reinforce vocabulary retention
• Chapters organized by subject -- from "Work and Careers" to "Family and Social Life" to "Food" --that build progressively on previous lessons
• The complete manual alphabet
• Spelling exercises throughout
• Instructions for forming numbers and inflections
• A complete index for easy reference
Mickey Flodin is the author of Signing Everyday Phrases, Signing for Kids, Signing is Fun, Signing Illustrated, and co-author, with Rod R. Butterworth, of The Perigee Visual Dictionary of Signing, The Pocket Dictionary of Signing, and Signing Made Easy.