Signed, Sealed, Delivered: Theologies of Confirmation for the 21st Century - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Morehouse Publishing
Publication Date: 2014
An all-in-one volume sharing the history, practice, and viewpoints of Confirmation in the Episcopal Church and the first book on the subject for at least 15 years Resolutions regarding Confirmation are coming to the 2015 General Convention Includes questions for reflection and study by individuals and groups Many clergy and educators would say that the rite of confirmation in the Episcopal Church today is a sacrament in search of a meaning. Some believe confirmation is an essential rite of passage for adult leadership in the governance of the church. Some believe it is a rite that no longer has a place in the life of the church, understanding the importance that Baptism now holds in the 1979 Book of Common Prayers ecclesiology. Following a history of how the rite of confirmation came about and its implications for youth and adults in the church today, voices in the Episcopal Church (bishops, liturgical scholars, confirmation leaders, and youth themselves) offer fresh viewpoints here in a conversational format to engage the reader.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Sacramental Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Anglican Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Sacramental Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Sacramental Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions