- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Barbour Publishing
Publication Date: 2011
Series: Place to Belong
Looking for “a place to belong”? Find it in your cherished friendships! Shared Friendship provides 90 devotional readings from female writers, guaranteed to provide a spiritual boost. This brand-new compilation focuses on the Giver of our cherished friendships and those friendships yet to be formed. Entries from female writers past and present, remind readers of common bonds, love, forgiveness, laughter, thankfulness, and much more. With well-known contributors like Sheila Walsh, Carol Kent, Fanny Crosby, Hannah Whitall Smith, and Frances Ridley Havergal, Shared Friendship also includes heartfelt entries from women of the Circle of Friends Ministry based in Ohio’s Amish country.
IolaNew ZealandAge: 45-54Gender: female4 Stars Out Of 5A Lovely Christmas or Birthday GiftOctober 24, 2011IolaNew ZealandAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4Shared Friendship is a lovely little gift book, filled with short inspirational stories and quotations about the nature of friendship from well-known Christian authors such as Fanny Crosby, Stomie Omartian, Corrie Ten Boom and Shelia Walsh. Shared Friendship is a nice book, but probably something I would buy for myself, but it would make a lovely Christmas or birthday gift for a friend or relation (it even has a To/From page at the beginning). It is probably best shared as a 'real' book - I think the ebook version loses some of the impact.
Each page has a scripture quotation, followed by a short excerpt on different aspects of friendship. It can be read one passage at a time, in sequence, by theme, by bible verse (there is a Scripture Index at the back) or simply by opening randomly. Examples of topics include Ã¢â¬ËWhat is a True Friend?', Ã¢â¬ËWhat Friends are For' and Ã¢â¬ËFriends Bring Happiness'. It's not really a book that you read from cover to cover in one sitting - more a book that you read a couple of pages a day or look over when having one of Ã¢â¬Ëthose' days!
Shared Friendship is published by Circle of Friends Minstries, a non-profit organisation established to "build a pathway for women to come into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and build Christian unity among women", to evangelise women locally, nationally and internationally. Thanks to NetGalley and Circle of Friends Ministries for providing an ebook to review.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> General
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Relationships >> Friendship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> General
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Relationships >> Friendship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Devotionals >> General
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> General
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues