- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
This is not a detailed look at church history, and Joyner makes no claims about being a historian. It is, however, an enjoyable and well-written look at some of the major historical accomplishments of the church, alongside the equally impressive (in a negative fashion) mistakes made by the same church. Joyner shows that many (all but one) heroes of the faith have made mistakes that often counterbalance the good they have achieved. But Joyner strongly feels that we can avoid some of their mistakes, if we would just remember that they have been made.
He does a good job of balancing critique and affirmation. In each era, the church has much to be proud of, and much that is disgraceful. But Joyner does not expose our mistakes simply for the sake of exposing them. He truly wants us to learn from our mistakes, and to show us how God often uses fallible human beings and institutions, working in spite of them. He feels that if we emulate the church at its best, and actively work to prevent ourselves from becoming again the church at its worst, we will be relevant to our society once more, and will bring God's kingdom closer to consummation.
Eminently practical, historically insightful, and spiritually powerful, this book will help to open the windows of your church to the Holy Spirit, while simultaneously closing doors that may have been open to the devil. The goal: a relevant, active church that works to bring in God's kingdom. Ultimately, how we view and understand our past will determine how we act in the future. Similarly, understanding the church's future will help us to proactively change our present while learning from the past.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2001
Rick Joyner has authored more than fifty books, including The Final Quest Trilogy, There Were Two Trees in the Garden, The Path, and Army of the Dawn. He is the Founder and Executive Director of MorningStar Ministries, a multi-faceted mission organization which includes Heritage International Ministries, MorningStar University, MorningStar Fellowship of Churches and Ministries, and CMM/MorningStar Missionsan umbrella organization serving over five hundred missionaries in the field and over ten thousand churches, schools, and ministries around the world. Rick and his wife, Julie, live in South Carolina and have five children: Anna, Aaryn, Amber, Ben, and Sam.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Gifts >> Prophecy
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Prophecy & End Times >> End Times Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Prophecy & End Times >> Prophecy
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Gifts
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Prophecy & End Times >> End Times Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Prophecy & End Times >> Prophecy
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Gifts
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Prophecy & End Times >> End Times Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Prophecy & End Times >> Prophecy