- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2015
Many answer this question with a staunch No! Critics increasingly attempt to poke holes in the authority of Scripture and deflate faith among believers. But ask Dr. Erwin Lutzer if you can trust the Bible, and hell give a resounding Yes!
In this revised and expanded edition of the popular book 7 Reasons Why You Can Trust the Bible, Dr. Lutzer offers seven foundational arguments for the reliability of Scripture. In clear, easy-to-follow language, he explores:
- The Bibles claims about itself
- The historical reliability of the Bible
- The prophetic predictions of the Bible
- The claims of Christ concerning Scripture
- The harmony between science and the Bible
- The providence of God in preserving Scripture
- The power of the Bible to change lives
In the court of truth, the Holy Spirit testifies to the authority of Scripture, and all the evidence lines up. Read 7 Reasons and let your confidence in Gods Word increase.
Dig deeper with the 7 Reasons Why You Can Trust the Bible DVD and Study Guide.
HeidiMarie5 Stars Out Of 57 Reasons Why You can Trust the BibleMarch 23, 2017HeidiMarieQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 57 Reasons Why You Can Trust the Bible by Erwin W. Lutzer is a thorough examination of the historical, logical, and scientific proof of the validity of the Bible. No ancient manuscript in history has been doubted or held with as much skepticism as the Bible. For Christians, this book will validate and give you reassurance in your beliefs. Our faith is based on lots of evidence, but it is still faith. For non-Christians, it gives you another perspective to consider will all of the facts and information.
This book is so full of information regarding the validity of the Bible, and the lack of validity of many other popular theories. I had no idea that so much physical or historical evidence existed that proves the Bible. However, Lutzer stresses that the Bible does not provide 100% proof in every case. We still need to be saved by faith, and if there was proof for everything, there would be no faith. However, our faith isn't blind faith, it is faith based in logic. The Bible must be completely accurate when it comes to science and historical events in order for the rest of it to be credible and believable.
Goals for this book:
-those who believe might understand the reasonableness of their faith; we need to be able to defend the faith
-that the most radical skeptic will read the book and be led to study the scriptures, and God will grant them the ability to know and believe
I absolutely loved reading this book. I learned so much and was so reaffirmed in my faith. I really recommend this book for anyone who enjoyed the God's Not Dead films or Man, Myth, Messiah by Rice Brooks (my review for that is here). It was a little slow starting out, but once it got into the facts I was so intrigued and couldn't put it down. I gave this 5/5 stars, and I absolutely recommend it.
*I received this book from Moody Publishers in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Studying the Bible
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship