- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Buy in Bulk
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Central America
- Middle East
- National Parks
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- South America
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
Publication Date: 2012
For the fourth book in her popular Setting Boundaries series, Allison Bottke turns to our relationship with food, and a problem that affects more than 200 million Americans (68 percent of the adult population) obesity.
Setting Boundaries with Food is a very personal book for Allison. She knows from personal experience about the struggle against obesity feeling trapped in a seemingly never-ending cycle of dieting, deprivation, and despair. At one time in her life, Allison's scale hit the 300-pound mark. Her overweight status resulted in Allison being the first full-figure model ever signed by the prestigious Wilhelmina modeling agency, where she worked for some of the biggest names in fashion, such as Gloria Vanderbilt and Alfred Angelo.
From her struggle, Allison offers more than just hope for the future. By introducing readers to her popular S.A.N.I.T.Y. steps, she encourages readers to turn away from the insanity of dieting and deprivation and to focus instead on establishing healthy relationships with food, self, others, and God. Her words will strike a chord with millions who have struggled for years to lose weight as they are encouraged to examine the emotional and spiritual aspects of their bondage to food and obsession with weight.
Mary DeMuthAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5A great look into why we overeatSeptember 9, 2012Mary DeMuthAge: 35-44Gender: femaleAlthough this is not my struggle (I struggle with a great many other things!), I did resonate with Allison's story. Many, many folks who have had difficult upbringings turn to something to fill them all the way up, whether it be with food, sex, admiration, success, or anything really. Allison peels away the layers of why we reach for that piece of chocolate cake, and why it seems to have power over us. And then she adeptly points us to the One who can fill us all the way up: Jesus.
IreneUnited States5 Stars Out Of 5Easy to read and understand bookAugust 3, 2012IreneUnited StatesQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This book is part of her Setting Boundaries Series that includes titles Setting Boundaries with Adult Children and Setting Boundaries with Aging Parents. Each book can be read on its own and enjoyed without reading the others in her series.
The subtitle to the book is "Six Steps To Lose Weight, Gain Freedom, and Take Back Your Life." The author does just what she says; she offers six steps to help you in setting boundaries with food. There is a lot of information in this book and I think you will find most of it helpful. I liked how she gives you goals to try to achieve. Learning to not let food control you is the main theme of this book.
I gave the book 5/5 stars. I found her writing style to be easy to read. Her personal story and helpful examples shows you that she is a non-judgmental persona. You will not feel bad about yourself after reading this book but will instead feel encouraged to keep on your path to healthy living.
I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology >> Other
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology >> Self-Improvement
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Health & Fitness >> Diet
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Health & Fitness >> Other
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns >> Other
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories >> True Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health & Fitness
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health & Fitness
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational