Serious Call to a Devout and Holy Life - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Christian Classics Ethereal Library
Publication Date: 2010
...Devotion signifies a life given, or devoted, to God. So begins William Law's Serious Call to a Devout and Holy Life . Originally published in 1729, Law's book stands as a powerful challenge to Christians. Law teaches that if God is our greatest good, then the wisest way to live is to please God through a life of worship, adoration, and devotion. Since many fail to live this way, Law diagnoses why and suggests certain concrete practices as a remedy. Thus, no one interested in becoming more devout can ignore this dynamic book. Law's call has encouraged several generations, and does not fail to encourage believers even today with a serious call to a devout and holy life. -Tim Perrine, CCEL Staff Writer
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Historical Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Historical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Historical Theology