Self-Paced Omnibus Primary - Access Code
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Cyber Deals
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
Omnibus is a Latin term meaning "all encompassing." Combining the disciplines of history, theology and literature, Omnibus I Primary will help students grow in their appreciation of the unity of all knowledge.
With the Self-Paced Online Omnibus I course, all material is taught through a biblical, Christian worldview. Students will:
- Learn Ancient World History, Theology and Ancient Literature from many experts in each subject area
- Tour the actual locations where this history occurred
- Be challenged by dialectic questions and exercises to propel them beyond just learning facts
- Enjoy the convenience of studying anywhere they have internet access, at a pace that works for them
- Learn ALL within the context of a completely Christian worldview
Omnibus I Primary focuses on works of the ancient world culminating in the first century. This course is the online version of the first book in a series of six; the series repeats a three year cycle of Ancient, Medieval, and Modern history; the first three are at the logic stage, and the latter three at the Rhetoric stage. Omnibus I is recommended for students in the 7th grade and up.
This course covers Great Books and "secondary" books that integrate theology, history, and literature. These include: The Chronicles of Narnia, The Holiness of God, Genesis, the Epic of Gilgamesh, The Odyssey, Oresteia, Plutarch's Lives, the Last Days of Socrates, The Early History of Rome, the Aeneid, Julius Caesar, The Eagle of the Ninth, The Screwtape Letters, and additional books of the Bible. While not required (this course is fully self-contained), parents may wish to purchase the Omnibus I text as a strongly recommended optional accompaniment.
In this self-paced format, the video lessons lead the student through the study of the great works, with an emphasis on ideas, not simply information. Through interactive exercises, games, expert interviews, dialectic questions/exercises, quizzes, tests, and reading assignments, students will gain mastery of facts as well as deep understanding of broader concepts while studying many of the Great Books. This course a full year.
This purchase does not include any physical component, simply the access code for the online curriculum. Courses are available to students for twelve months from time of enrollment. If a parent wants each child to have recorded quiz and test grades, then a course purchase is necessary for each. If a parent is not concerned about grade reports, they can have multiple children use the same course access; the tests, worksheets and responses are kept for one individual student per registration. This course is entirely self-grading, and progress reports and records are able to be viewed and printed by parents at any time.
- Internet Connection must provide a minimum download speed of 768 Kbps. If the speed is less, the course will not run smoothly, and interactions will take longer to load.
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7
- Macintosh OS X 10.6 or better
- Monitor should support 1024 x 768 or better
- Minimum 1 GB RAM, 2 GM or more recommended
- Latest browser update, Chrome recommended
|Format: Other, N/A||Vendor: Veritas Press|
Veritas Press History Cards: Old Testament and Ancient EgyptVeritas Press / Other$21.95
Middle Ages Renaissance & Reformation School ManualMarlin Detweiler, Laurie DetweilerVeritas Press / Trade Paperback$39.95